• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella's Momma

Hi everyone! I LOVE this site! So far, I only have one Cav, Bella, a Blen. She is my baby! She will be 3 next month. I got her right after my mother passed away from cancer. I believe, with all my heart, that Bella saved my life, as I was so depressed about losing my mother. She has been literally, by my side since the day I brought her home. She goes everywhere with me, camping, kayaking, on the motorcycle, paint ball games, etc. because I can't stand being away from her. Anyways, enough mushy stuff...I just wanted to say Thank You for this site. I have learned so much from a few visits, especially, about SM. (Which I think she may have) Looking forward to learning more. :paw:

So far, I only have one Cav

Well, let's see how long that lasts!! :) It was so sweet to read about how much Bella helped you with the loss of your mother. They really are "comfort spaniels".

I'm sorry to hear you think she has sm but you are definitely in the right place for guidance and answers.

Glad to have you here.

icon_welcome Bella's Mom - I have a friend in Cape Coral and go to visit her twice a year. My next visit is planned for January. You will learn a lot about SM on this web board.

Hi and a warm welcome to you. Am relatively new myself, and like you I find the forums really helpful and enjoyable. As you are not yet sure if your little Bella does have this disease I shall not assume that she has, but wish you well with her tests to establish if she has or not. I hope so much that she doesn't and that you will both continue to enjoy each others company. Yes, I too truly believe that Cavaliers are such a comfort..in fact I would go so far as to say they can be an absolute therapy to those who need it. They give so much that we owe them the very best we can give them in terms of love and care. The cavaliers on this board certainly all seem to be totally and unconditionally loved as you can see from the wonderful pictures and stories.

Well, let's see how long that lasts!! :) It was so sweet to read about how much Bella helped you with the loss of your mother. They really are "comfort spaniels".

I'm sorry to hear you think she has sm but you are definitely in the right place for guidance and answers.

Can only echo what Cathy has said, you will find a wealth of info here in the library section!

icon_welcome to the boards!! I look forwards to reading more of your posts and seeing more :snap: of Bella soon!!

icon_welcome! I am sure Bella will do her best to cheer you up. It's always hard to lose a mom. Hope you will remember all the great things she's done for you. There will be a tear shed each will make the pain less and good times of memories better.

Wow, Bella sounds like she has a wonderful life, and I am so glad that she has been such a comfort to you.

icon_welcome

Hi Bella's Momma from another Cavalier person in South Florida!

icon_welcometo the Cavalier Talk community! I'm a bit south and east of you in South Miami. We should get together sometime. My name is Julie and I am owned by two Cavaliers and two Corgis. The five of us can't wait to see some pictures of Bella and to hear of your times together.

About the SM, make sure of the diagnosis before panicing. I just went through that with one of my Corgis. I thought he had DM. I had just about planed his memorial when his physical exam results show that barring anything else, he sould be around for quite a while longer. If your vet has problems nailing down a diagnosis, you might try the Vet School at the University of Florida. I was going to take Zack there if my verts here couldn't figure out his problem.

Anyway, welcome. Its really great to have a another Floridian on this site.

Hi Bella's mom, this is Maddy's mummy (Pam). I live in Cape Coral too!
I am not there all the time because I still work full time. Maddy spends June-Sept in NH then goes to Cape Coral with my husband who is retired. I am back and forth to my office in NH. Do you ever take Bella to the dog park?
Pam

icon_welcome to the site and hope you will find lots of info and support. Looking forward to seeing some :snap:eek:f Bella soon and reading more of your posts.

Back