PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Star Rescue 23 Cavaliers.

*Pauline*
14th October 2007, 09:57 PM
I saw this on another board and thought I should mention it. Please think about helping out if you can. There are some really sweet looking dogs here. I love Ruthie.

http://www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org/page.php?name=Rescues

Karlin
15th October 2007, 09:05 PM
Lucky Star also badly need fosters and drivers so if you are in the US and can volunteer please ring them. They especially need people in the midwest. :thmbsup: More info on their site.

JaneB
18th October 2007, 02:29 PM
Well said, Karlin. As a Lucky Star driver/foster/adopter, I know just how much we need help. I believe we have 13-15 dogs coming into rescue next week-end. I'll be driving over 8 hours on my leg of the journey to get these poor dogs to safety as will the person on the leg before me. Needless to say, we need help with transportation. Thankfully, I LOVE to drive. With so many new arrivals we are going to need help with fostering. After the dogs have been bathed and sorted out they will be ready for fostering. With the approaching holidays we would like to get them ready for their new homes (if possible) by the end of November and before the Christmas madness. If you have the time, love and resources to help in any way, please go to www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org and complete an application. You won't be sorry.

JaneB

Debby with a Y
18th October 2007, 04:26 PM
Do they ever need help from South Florida? I'm right between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, and just two hours from Naples or Key Largo or northern Palm Beach County. I don't think I should foster just yet...I really want to focus on Barkley until he's a little older...but I'm happy to help with transport.

EDIT: I just filled out their volunteer form and I told them I absolutely do not want to foster at this time but that I am happy to do transport, and can even keep a dog for a day or two in a spare crate.

Debby with a Y
18th October 2007, 06:04 PM
I applied and I've already heard back...they said they definitely need transport help in my area! :luv:

So people, even if you can't foster at this time, you can still be a great help to a Cavalier in need! I hope they call me soon.

*Pauline*
18th October 2007, 08:03 PM
That's great news Debby, well done :flwr:

Hopefully they'll be needing you soon :drivecar:

JaneB
19th October 2007, 02:51 PM
Debby with a Y,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Cathy T
19th October 2007, 04:00 PM
Good job Debby! Rescue always needs help in so many different ways. You don't have to foster in order to help....as you've found out! :)

Debby with a Y
19th October 2007, 08:26 PM
I guess so...they replied to me within a very short time and said the need was great! I told them I await their call. :blabla:

jeni
9th November 2007, 01:29 AM
I have applied at Lucky Star to foster. I did it this week and I can't wait to hear back. I offered to foster and transport. Does anyone know if they ever need transport near Oklahoma?

JaneB
10th November 2007, 05:05 PM
Jeni,
Often times some of the Missouri mill rescues need to get to Texas so I would imagine that you are desperately needed. Please, if you don't hear back shortly, send an e-mail. As everyone with Lucky Star is a volunteer, sometimes "life" slows the response time down. Please keep trying. If you would like to PM me I can give you the e-mail of the volunteer board member in you part of the world.