• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pippin SHAVED - Luxating Patella surgery tomorrow

Charleen

Pippin's back legs have gotten worse and the vet and I agree that it is time for surgery. I am having his first leg done tomorrow.

I decided to have Pippin totally shaved prior to surgery. My groomer lives less than 5 minutes from my house and she said she could do Pippin tonight. I just back back an hour ago.

Here are Before & After pics of Pippin

BEFORE - see all the hair that Pippin has!
537825726_ce4e9067be_o.jpg
473971794_16f584fb91.jpg

AFTER being SHAVED - He looks so small now!
1572475303_f380c8c4d0_o.jpg
1572475211_a4c3540c85_o.jpg

1573362602_329db67850.jpg
1573362966_cbded0076a_o.jpg

Awww, good luck with the surgery tomorrow. Pippin looks kind of cute with his little punky hairdo.

I wish you all the best with the op.. :) am in the same boat there with you as mine goes in on thurs for the same thing. Let me know how you get on.

Good luck Pippin and Charleen. :xfngr: We'll be thinking of you today. Let us know how the operation went and how he's doing. :flwr:

Will be thinking of you both today! :xfngr: all goes well, am sure it will!
Love his new "do" it will certainly make things easier for him whilst he is rehabbing later! Will watch for progress reports!!

Good luck today Pippin :lotsaluv: :xfngr::xfngr: all goes well Charleen. I'm sure Sara will be on hand to offer lots of advice. Let us know how everything goes when you get a chance.

:hug::hug:

Pippin

Good luck Pippin! will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing the updates on your progress.:xfngr::luv:

:flwr: Wishing you good luck Pippin,I am sure you will be fine and feeling better soon :flwr:

Pippin is home. The surgery went well. He is still sleeping off the drugs. I'll let you know more tomorrow. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. :dogwlk:
1582786612_5c77afbf21.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad the surgery went well and that Pippin is now home safe & sound. May his recovery be swift & full.

Welcome home Pippin:lotsaluv:

So glad the surgery went well Charleen; his scar looks very small and neat.
I hope he feels better today.

:flwr::flwr::hug::hug:

The drugs from the surgery helped him sleep all night and we shook him awake this morning at 6 AM. I took him outside and he had a good pee. Then he tried to walk around a little, but he is still pretty groggy.

He is such a trooper. When I got him on his feet this morning, he was really wobbly, but he wagged his tail.

My Mom got him to take his pills at 10 AM. He didn't want any food until then. Mom still says he hasn't had any water yet. Mom says he is laying comfortably on a big doggy pillow and she is pulling him from room to room with her.

I am hoping when I get home tonight he'll be feeliing a little better and a little more alert.

:flwr: :lotsaluv: Big hugs for Pippin. Knowing my Ellie will need this op one day I am really interested to hear of Pippins progress.....
The wound looks nice and neat. Does he have to wear the neck coller?
Ellie HATED it when she had her op for spaying. I was able to use a baby grow, but of course it wouldnt work for Pippins op.

Back