PDA

View Full Version : Urgent fosters for general breed rescue, Ireland

Karlin
16th October 2007, 01:51 PM
The very hard working rescuers at Dundalk pound are dealing with a rash of surrenders, some only 4 months old, mostly collies, that will be pts in the morning if no space can be found for them. They work closely with a rescue that might be able to find homes if they can go into foster. If you are in Ireland and have space to take a dog to help them out please contact them asap by phone -- that pound is full right now and surrenders handed in by owners will be put down if they are not able to get to a safe place by morning. Eeven if the dog gets a short term space, then kennelling might be arranged a little further along til the dog can travel to its new home.

You can get contact info for Ann and Emma here: http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=55966

And also see some more of the dogs that have been surrendered. If you ring them they can tell you which dogs need space. Some are just little JRTs. If you have considered ways of making a difference this is a way you can definitely save some lives.

ClaireH
16th October 2007, 03:10 PM
yea i can't get over d amount that hav been surrendered recently. i regularly check d dog pound page on the louth county council's website nd i haven't seen this many in a while... poor things. i wish i had a bigger garden nd could take 1 or 2 for a while but it's not possible. plus we're moving at d end of d month.

http://www.louthcoco.ie/index.aspx?deptid=33&dpageid=0_dogs

Karlin
17th October 2007, 12:46 AM
The people to ring are the ones on the link -- they arrange fostering. They can also tell people what would be involved and I am sure even a few days foster could be of great help. They also need to pay a release fee of €25 per dog to get them out so donations are very welcomed by them, no matter how small a sum as they all add up.

I've taken a couple of my rescue cavaliers from this pound and Ann gave a lovely home to a rescue cat I had taken in. :)

Thanks to any and all who can help them over this hump. I don;t know why so many people are handing their dogs in to the pound at the moment but the surrenders just have no chance at all when the pound is full -- they can be pts immediately. :(

Karlin
17th October 2007, 08:34 PM
Amazingly, Ann and Emma got out 13 Dundalk dogs including all the surrenders at risk and 4 Meath dogs. This is an extraordinay effort as ALL THESE DOGS WERE TO BE PTS. :rah:

They now desperately need any help, no matter how small, to pay for kennelling while these dogs wait to go to a rescue -- or an offer of a short term foster space (usually two weeks). They also need help with transport.

This is their info if anyone can offer help fostering or transporting:

Any offers to help us in any form Foster or Financial
Please contact one of the following
Ann - Tempo - (086) 8237208
Emma - Roxie - (087) 7699133

or email us at dundalkdogrescueATyahoo.co.uk

This is their Paypal link:

http://jirdrescue.com/random/DundalkPaypal.htm

Even the smallest donations add up for them, so if anyone has a little extra that could go to help, please consider donating in their direction. :)

casshon
18th October 2007, 09:40 AM
Wow, that's excellent work. I will send them a donation now.

Edit: I have just tried their paypal link and it says they are unable to receive money at this time

Karlin
18th October 2007, 11:48 AM
Oh -- I will let them know! I donated last week so it was working then.

Karlin
22nd October 2007, 01:16 PM
Their PayPal is working again and they are just swamped with more surrenders coming in -- so if anyone can see their way to a donation no matter how small, it pays the release fees to get some needy dogs out and would help with kennelling. If anyone can foster a dog for a week or two that is a HUGE help. These are very reliable and dependable rescuers. :)

casshon
22nd October 2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks Karlin. I'll send them a donation tonight.