• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maverick is getting fixed today :(

Melissa

Man I am a sad mommy. I dropped him off this morning at 20 to 7 for his surgery. He was so sad when I walked out the door, but when I drove past the door he seemed to have warmed up to the vet assistant (she was still sitting with him in the lobby/waiting area). They should be giving me a call between 1-3... I'm so going to be glued to my desk. Then I get to pick him up right after work... sadly that's not till 5.

I live on the second floor of an apt building do you think I should carry him down the stairs to be on the safe side?

:hug: to you mum! I remember how stressful it was when my two had their surgeries, but have faith, Maverick will be fine. :hug:

Yes, i do think you should carry him up & down the stairs for 4 or 5 days. BUT that is my guess...hopefully someone with better knowledge and a better memory could tell you better advice. It seems to me that the vet asked that they not jump or do stairs for like 10 days....I think we lasted 4 or 5 days then just gave up because we couldn't keep them from jumping.

I did buy them some clothes to keep them from licking the surgery areas...and I think Karlin had written about buying baby One-sies (sp???) and putting them on the pups, which I thought was a wonderful idea!

:hug:

Man it's 20 to 2 and they havn't called... arg I hate waiting!.. This day is takeing way too long.. I still have 3+ hours till I leave. :(

So I finally called at quarter to 3 since I still hadn't heard anything. He went though the sugery fine... but he still has fleas... and fleas like crazy. So then they had to treat all the other animals that were there too... omg this is going to be expensive

If he has fleas-- likely they are in his environment too. Is he on any flea control? We haven't had fleas here since 1987 (don't take your dogs to the "pet area" of a rest area unless they have flea protection -- urhhhh)

I never carried any of mine up and down stairs. The basic advice was just no walks in tall grass, mud etc and to keep walks to under 10 minutes in paved areas -- but all vets have their personal advice! :)

Glad he is out and doing well. :rah:

If he has fleas-- likely they are in his environment too. Is he on any flea control? We haven't had fleas here since 1987 (don't take your dogs to the "pet area" of a rest area unless they have flea protection -- urhhhh)

I have never had fleas before until I brough him home. The breeder said that he didn't have any. I had used bio-spot on him last month but apparently that didn't help. I also have been vacuuming like crazy and using a flea comb on him and the 2 cats. I though I had them gone. Man I'm so embarressed I could cry. Him and the 2 cats are getting frontline tonight. Is there anything I can do other then vacuum vacuum vacuum? I can't use a bug bomb or powders because I have a have 2 large fish tanks.

Many many dogs have terrible reactions to other brands of pesticides:
http://www.elversonpuzzle.com/biospot.html

My daughter is a 7 year vet tech and she has seen dogs go into convulsions shortly after the owners applied this stuff. She has seen all the hair fall off of a miniature poodle the day after it was applied.

Usually the spray frontline is the safest to use -- the topspot is good.

He didn't have a reaction to it but it certainly didn't work... so for sure I won't be using it again.

Hope Maverick is ok today after his op - don't be embarrassed about the fleas, sadly it's something we all have to deal with every now and then.

Vacuuming is one of the best methods of controlling them in the enivronment, don't forget to get in all the nooks and crannies, they like dark areas to hide in, so do all the furniture too.

Maverick is doing great. He's pretty much back to normal. I almost forgot to give him his pain meds but then he started squeeking but didn't want to go outside... I was like duh. When I picked him up the vet suggested to keep everyone on frontline for at least 3-4 months and continue to vacuum.

Back