• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is there such a thing as too much fish???

Claire L

Cara and Minnie are fed either Burns fish & rice or JWB fish & rice. They get 1/3 cup of dry kibble in the morning and the same in the evening but with (as of this week) one pump of Salmon oil. For treats they get either raw carrot baton, Fish4Dogs rolls, bananna, apple, yoghurt and sometimes I add some cooked potatoe and other veg to their evening meal but I reduce the amount of dry food. Today I am baking some fresh whiting in the oven for them because they just seem to adore fish.

Does this sound ok?? Is too much fish bad for them?? Do I need to add more variety to their diet??
Oh, I forgot to add; I also give them Cathy Moon's home baked Sam's Yams as an occasional treat too.

Any advice/ oppinions would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Hi Claire,
I'm no help to you but I know you are interested in FISH FOR DOGS. i got some at the petxpo and phoebe loves hem but my god they stink:D

Hi Claire,
I'm no help to you but I know you are interested in FISH FOR DOGS. i got some at the petxpo and phoebe loves hem but my god they stink:D

Yeah! they do too but my lot love them. I bought a bag of the complete food to give as treats because it was very good value. I thought the price of €8 for two bags of treats was expensive, even though I bought four bags. I got it for about a Euro cheaper up north.

Fish thins the blood so personally if they were going to have an operation i'd reduce the fish for a while , but otherwise I dont think it will hurt them.

I got some free fish 4 dogs samples , either from their website or by emailing them

My dogs adore fish also and I have wondered about this myself.

I am no expert on this but I know with humans it depends on the waters it comes from and the type of fish as to the levels of heavy metals, mercury in particular. Don't know why this is a problem or if it is an issue in your waters over there ??

I was wondering the same thing about mercury, etc. I'm not sure...

Have they tried lamb and rice food, Claire?

Back