PDA

View Full Version : We've been keeping secrets!! New Arrivals!!

Cathryn
20th October 2007, 05:57 PM
Hello All!

Okay, I 'fess up I've been holding back on you all! :oops:

My Tri-colour girl Cherry was mated recently to a Ruby lad, I have long wanted a wholcolour and am on some lists but most breeders keep the best girls back for themselves and rightfully so! So I used a Ruby who carries a lot of Blenheim in his background and is similarly bred to Cherry! She conceived and had a easy pregnancy, nothing fazes her anyway!!

On the 1st October, and with almost a week left to go I was called to school to pick up Josie who was poorly, I was gone all of 15 minutes, so you can imagine my shock when I walked in and Cherry was delivering a puppy!! :eek: My very first Black and Tan!! 20 Minutes later we got a Ruby and a further 2 hours later another Black and Tan! Although quite early they all were fine and were very big weights, the first pup was 7 Ounces, the Ruby was 10 (that is BIG!) and the 2nd B/T was 9 Ounces!! All 3 are boys!! (Darn, I wanted girls, back to the drawing board on that part!)

They are all doing extremely well, I have never had a litter gain weight so easily whilst appearing to barely feed at all!

A few pics for you, This is Cherry with the boys at 3 days old

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/wholecolourpupsandoctavia001.jpg

First born B/T "Barnaby" just a couple of hours old here

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/PuppiesOctober1st011.jpg

Ruby lad, "Roly" also just a couple of hours old here

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/PuppiesOctober1st009.jpg

Second B/T boy "Buster" again just a couple of hours old here!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/PuppiesOctober1st010.jpg

Cathryn
20th October 2007, 06:00 PM
And here they are this afternoon, now 19 days old and with their eye's open!! Awww, sweet!!

Barnaby

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/wholecolourpupsandoctavia010.jpg

Roly

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/wholecolourpupsandoctavia011.jpg

Buster

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/wholecolourpupsandoctavia012.jpg

Enjoy................. :lotsaluv:

Harvey's Mum
20th October 2007, 06:08 PM
Oh Cathryn they are gorgeous. Congratulations to Cherry she is beautiful. Sorry you didn't get the girls you wanted but your 3 little boys are adorable.

We will have to watch you, keeping secrets like this, what else have you up your sleeve:lol:

Give them all bigs hugs from Harvey and myself.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Nicki
20th October 2007, 06:11 PM
Oh they are doing really well Cathryn - I just love Roly, he still looks bigger than the other two!

Debby with a Y
20th October 2007, 06:23 PM
Omigosh, I could NEVER keep such a great secret! Cherry is such a beautiful mommy, and look at those healthy plump puppy bellies!!! What gorgeous babies!!! Hearty congratulations!

Karlin
20th October 2007, 06:32 PM
Oooh they have remained fat and happy! :lol: That Buster looks like he's up to something... :shifty:

ourempire
20th October 2007, 06:39 PM
Awwww - they are wonderful! So handsome! I wouldn't be able to keep it secret, so well done, Cathryn!

Celticharmony
20th October 2007, 07:58 PM
Catherine, these little boys are truly beautiful and their Mummy is a real star. How I wish I could hold them all! You certainly have plenty of work to keep you going and hope you will have a lovely time tonight..you deserve it. Please keep the pics coming, when and if you get time that is.

Melissa
20th October 2007, 07:59 PM
Aww what cuties!!!!

Mycavyangels
20th October 2007, 08:05 PM
AWWWWWW they are soooo Sweet:D:D

Elaine 2
20th October 2007, 08:46 PM
Congratulations they're beautiful, Cherry was done you proud 3 lovely boys

Rj Mac
20th October 2007, 08:49 PM
:w*w:cl*pCongratulations Cathryn, to both you and Cherry, all 3 are stunning, but have to admit.....we are just in love with Buster :l*v::l*v:.....We're just off to order you that RV we were talking about right now;)

coconut
20th October 2007, 09:09 PM
oh my god they are so cute!!

sunshinekisses
20th October 2007, 09:36 PM
They are so adorable...I love barnaby. Cherry looks like a very good mom.

Justine
20th October 2007, 10:06 PM
Ahhhh i love puppy pics.Well done mum.

jld
20th October 2007, 10:12 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! How cute are they ....... I agree with Karlin that Buster looks like trouble, love him. Barnaby has the sweetest face. Roly is the perfect name for the precious ruby.. You are so lucky to get puppy kisses whenever you want. Judy and Dixie

Cathryn
20th October 2007, 11:24 PM
Cherry says Thank You for the lovely comments about her son's! :lotsaluv: as she is now 5 and a half this is her final litter now. Cherry is what can only be described as "in your face" she is just "full on" and a lovely dog to be around, the father of the pups "Fergus" has a nice sweet laid back temperament, just hope they take after him!!

The pups have stayed pretty much the same size order, Barnaby is still the smallest and Roly and Buster are just a pair of great big fatties! :lol: I have to admit to having a soft spot for Barnaby, I think mostly because I just saw him just sliding out and grabbed him and started resus right away, I really thought at that moment I was going to lose him, he was gasping a lot, but he pulled through and is as healthy as his brothers.

It is odd seeing my tri with a litter of whole-colours though, and for the first time in my breeding career I can claim to own all 4 colours!!
It hasn't been easy keeping quiet about this lot I can tell you, a few folks knew about them from the start (You all know who you are! ;) ) Thank You for keeping my secret with me! I just wanted to wait until they had their eye's open before I introduced you all first!!!

They are all getting little characters already and of course Josie is cuddling them already, she was playing her guitar to them the other night, I hadn't the heart to tell her they can't hear her for another week yet! :lol:

Will keep you updated on their progress, I am very pleased with them even though I didn't get the girl I wanted :( Main thing is Cherry is fine and the boys are all doing well, time will tell on anything else!!

Cathryn
20th October 2007, 11:26 PM
:w*w:cl*pCongratulations Cathryn, to both you and Cherry, all 3 are stunning, but have to admit.....we are just in love with Buster :l*v::l*v:.....We're just off to order you that RV we were talking about right now;)

Brilliant!! Can you make it a Dark Grey Paint job please?? Love that colour!! ;) :lol: Buster says he'll try not to have any accidents in it on the way up to you!! :lol: ;)

pinkpuppy
20th October 2007, 11:53 PM
:w*w: They're are sooooo adorable! Mummy Cherry is beautiful.:flwr: :luv: Buster ! Looks like he is going to be a handful!

Cleo's Person
21st October 2007, 12:15 AM
congrats!!!!! What a lovely surprise!!!!!! Cherry looks in great form and very much the proud mum!! As for her sons!!! They are just absolutely adorable!!! I'm so looking forward to the next installment of pics :snap: :snap:

*Pauline*
21st October 2007, 12:36 AM
Oh they are coming on a treat Cathryn. Cherry serves up gold top milk for sure ;) (full cream milk for those not familiar with gold top). If I had to choose, you know who I'd go for, Cherry! Of the pups, I like Barnaby best because his eyebrows don't frown, if you know what I mean!

Bruce H
21st October 2007, 03:18 AM
Shame on you, keeping secrets like that!

Those are 3 really cute pups! I especially like Roly, as I have always had a soft spot for rubies. Too bad you didn't get the girl you were hoping for, but you have 3 nice, healthy puppies and a healthy mom.

fun1uk
21st October 2007, 11:05 AM
So sweet,big contrats to you all.Id have never been able to keep a secret like that lol id have screamed the house down telling people.I love Buster looks like a cheeky little fella.Shame you didnt get a girl like you wanted but there all just wonderful.
I too want another female pup (i know Mollies only 14 weeks lol)So we decided that when mollie is 3 years we will allow her to have one litter and keep a girl if one comes along.
Good luck and keep us posted with lots of photos xxx

Thelly
21st October 2007, 11:29 AM
Cathryn they are so gorgeous. Well done to you and Cherry. :rah::rah::rah:

shippers
21st October 2007, 11:38 AM
:rah:Congrats Cherry and Cathryn! 3 healthy boys! They are all beautiful. Keep us updated on the :snap:

Gingers Mommy
21st October 2007, 05:46 PM
Cathryn- Congrats on the healthy new arrivals. SO fun having all four colors! Id love to take barnaby off your hands if I lived closer!!
Please keep us updated with Pics! GO CHERRY! Job well done!

Lisa_T
22nd October 2007, 01:05 AM
Aw they're gorgeous! The little ruby is a ringer for Amber at that age, although she had a wider blaze.

Congrats, Cathryn!

Vickie
22nd October 2007, 12:28 PM
Oh wow Cathryn congratulations! :rah:

Yep I just squealed at the computer when I realised what a fantastic secret you had been keeping!!

They are just adorable, and Cherry looks such a lovely mummy too. Oh now you've made me all broody for a puppy again :luv:

Lexie
22nd October 2007, 11:40 PM
Congratulations! They are beautiful puppies. Can't wait to see more pics.

Denise G.
23rd October 2007, 05:26 PM
Beautiful puppies!! Are you keeping them all? Can't wait to watch them grow up!:)

mrsfarmer
23rd October 2007, 05:41 PM
Oh they are so sweet! :luv::luv::luv:
I missed Armani's baby days, but his breeder did give me a dvd with all of the baby photos.
Love puppies!

jcj528
23rd October 2007, 06:18 PM
Cathryn:

Congratulations on your new little ones! They are adorable. I so want a black and tan, but I'm still hapy for you. Will you be keeping these guys with you? Please post more pictures, please. There is nothing cuter than a little black and tan little boy puppy!

trysti
23rd October 2007, 06:19 PM
Your babies are beautiful....

amanda L
23rd October 2007, 06:41 PM
ooh, I'll have Roly please...what a cutie!!! Can you post him over to me, he's so squidgy looking and I love rubies!

jennifer
25th October 2007, 10:38 AM
They are all sooo lovely.:l*v::l*v: What cuties they are.:)
Cherry looks like a lovely mother to them.:paw::paw::thmbsup:

Emma n Renco
26th October 2007, 09:45 AM
CONGRATULATIONS catherine!! Such secrets aren't a problem when we get to see surprises of the beautiful babies yeah :-)!!!!!!!!!

Well done - looking forward to more photos :-)))))))))

Sandrac
26th October 2007, 12:40 PM
Oh my they are adorable!!!! Congratulations to you and Cherry on your new arrivals:rah:

inca
26th October 2007, 05:02 PM
and a pleaseure that secret was to keep :)

lovely boys Cherry ...well done
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pippa
26th October 2007, 11:53 PM
Congrats to all concerned..what lovely puppies!

Eeva
27th October 2007, 04:54 PM
Edible:luv: Well done!