• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The sensitivity of dogs

Celticharmony

I so often think that dogs sense more than we realise, or at least this is the case in my own experience. if you will allow me to share this little story with you.

When our sweet Lab Gemma was with us we had two Cavaliers at the time and she would happily allow them to lie on top of her or to do anything they liked basically, as they all seemed to get on so well. They also slept cuddled into each other in a huge bed together at night. However during the end of Gemma's life she developed Diabetes among other things and somehow they sensed that she would not be comfortable with them lying so close to her anymore, so they used to lie outside of her bed on a blanket, but with their little heads hanging over Gemma's padded bed and their faces close to hers. On the night that we knew Gemma was nearing the bridge, our vet kindly gave her a sedative and said there would be no need for her to come down to the surgery that she would go gently in her sleep secure and happier in her own bed with us all with her. Now by 11pm these two doggies would normally be snoring and flat out, but on this particular night they lay as described above and did not close an eye until Gemma was free. Then they just covered us in cuddles and gently rubbed their little faces to ours as if to say We know how you feel, but you've got us. They visited and lay on her little burial place each day for a long time. We thought it quite amazing and so very moving. Would like to hear if anyone else has related stories of this kind. Thank you all for allowing me to share this with you.

When my husband died suddenly our OES, Josie, was very quiet for days and always close by. One evening,10 days after his death, Josie went back to our bedroom, no lights were on, and she commenced howling and howled for a long ten minutes. I think it was her way of saying "Goodbye".

Wonderful stories! Thanks so much for sharing. I won't ever forget those heartwarming stories. :flwr:

When I lost my wonderful darling Charm, a very much loved girl who gave me Logan and Sophie from one litter then Rosie and Cherry from a later litter, it was incredible, she went very fast and I found her with Sophie, Rosie and Cherry all curled around her. When we buried her they too "visited" her grave for many days afterwards..............

These truly are wonderful, and amazing touching stories, I remember when Rebel ur German Shepard passed on, we took away his bed in our room, and for the next couple of weeks Jake refused to sleep in his own basket, he slept in the spot where Rebels used to be, it hit him just as hard as it hit us, but that's the amazing thing when you have these wonderful dogs in your lives to help us through the hard times :flwr::luv:

Back