• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Transfer registrations?

mrsfarmer

The breeder had registered Armani with both AKC and CKCSC along with having an Avid chip. I know I will change the chip to my name but is it necessary to change AKC & CKCSC? We will be neutering him when it's time.

Do you mean transfer the ownership of the dog on the registrations with those clubs? I don't think you need to -- I've never formally transferred ownership of my two IKC registered dogs. With the IKC, the owner has to transfer the dog over to the new owner; you can't apply on your own (otherwise just anyone could write in and transfer ownership). I would imagine the situation is the same -- that you'd have to go through the breeder. So probably some would think it more hassle than it is worth if it is the same process. I don't know if the US regsitrations also reflect ownership?

Yes that is what I meant. I didn't know if he needed to be put in my name. When we got other dogs, the breeder always let me fill out the forms and mail in. But since Armani is older, she had already done the registrations.

Back