• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tripe

cy1266

Does anyone here feed their cav canned tripe? I just bought the "Tripett" brand green beef tripe, and Miles loves it! I'm just not sure how much to feed him, and whether it's in addition to his normal diet (he's on the raw meat/veggie diet - Primal patties + chicken necks, etc) or something to be added to his current diet.

I'm thinking about freezing it in ice cube trays and then thawing the cubes as I need them. That is one stinky food!!!

Yeah trippett is supposed to be good -- stinky but 'green' (raw) tripe is really good for them. You can feed it as you would any other meat. I often give tinned tripe with kibble. Also mine love dried tripe too.

Ah!! the ultimate food for the ultimate fussy feeder! Fresh RAW Green Tripe!! The very first time I ever fed it to my dogs I threw it out as I thought it had gone off!! :grnyuk: :lol:

It is indeed a wonderful food, incredibly yukky to look at and to smell yet the dogs adore it!!:luv: I always keep a couple of blocks in my freezer to this day on standby "just in case"!! ;);)

the stuff stinks:yuk::grnyuk:,
but the dogs love it, but in our house i wont feed them it as cant stand the smell of it, so Ryan has to feed them it!!!!!!:p

Lisa

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear that other board members feed their dogs tripe, too...I know that Miles will be happy the hear that he can continue to eat it!

Back