• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How stupid can people get.

sallymum

This morning when i was bringing the kids to school , the weather was quite bad. There had been a frost, still quite dark and a fog starting to fall. So not great driving conditions. In front of me sitting up in the window of the bark of a car was a little tri cavalier. I actually shook my head as first i thought i was seeing things then i smiled i said to the kids look at the little teddy in the back. Then i realised this was a real little cav about 6 months old. The poor thing when the car stopped u could see the little thing been hopped around. I was so angry tried to let her know it wasnt right but all she did was smile at me. I think she thought i was trying to say what a lovely puppy she had.
Anyway i took her number and i reported her to the police, though all they said was nothing we can really do but we will have a word. Maybe she might cop on but i doubt it. At least i tried.

I see dogs not harnessed in cars all the time. The last time it happened, a German Shepherd was barking and jumping around the back of a car at Dylan as we walked past. They had to roll up the windows quickly.

Yes, we see this all the time down here too, and may I add children in front seats!! Poor little thing could have been really hurt. Does make you wonder doesn't it, and makes you wonder more still, if all breeders are being as strict as they should be when establishing if prospective owners are fit to have a dog. It would seem to me that not only the owner needs to be equipped with a list of questions for a breeder; it works both ways if a dog's welfare is to be a priority.

Oh, that makes me so cross!!!

Last week, as I was taking Barkley somewhere, in his crate, the crate safely secured with the seat belt, I saw a woman driving with a small dog that had its head out the window, it was standing on the front seat hanging out the window, it made me really angry but I have learned that people don't listen to constructive comments, they just get all nasty and tell us to mind our own business.

Last edited:
Oh Grrrr!!

I live in quite a rural area and last week saw a farmer in his Land Rover Defender with his little Jack russel Terrier WALKING UP AND DOWN ON THE TOP OF THE DASHBOARD CONSOLE!! :eek: :bang: Best of all both the front windows were rolled down and the dog nearly fell out of the window! :swear:

Some people just do not have the sense they were born with do they?

I've seen a few dogs almost fly out of windows... one was a very small dog and the lady just kind of laughted. I keep Maverick in his harness in the backseat always if the car is moving. If I'm waiting in a parking lot with him I'll let him run around the car but I make sure the windows are up far enough that he wouldn't be able to jump out.

Out one very hot day and witnessed a dog in parked car with windows closed tight. Ok, I understand the security angle, but then is it not best to leave the poor animal at home? I put a sticker on the window warning them of the dangers, so no confrontation, just a hope that the message struck a cord in this careless owners conscience. None of us are as perfect as we would like to be as regards to dog ownership, but blatant neglect is inexcusable.

This morning when i was bringing the kids to school , the weather was quite bad. There had been a frost, still quite dark and a fog starting to fall. So not great driving conditions. In front of me sitting up in the window of the bark of a car was a little tri cavalier. I actually shook my head as first i thought i was seeing things then i smiled i said to the kids look at the little teddy in the back. Then i realised this was a real little cav about 6 months old. The poor thing when the car stopped u could see the little thing been hopped around. I was so angry tried to let her know it wasnt right but all she did was smile at me. I think she thought i was trying to say what a lovely puppy she had.
Anyway i took her number and i reported her to the police, though all they said was nothing we can really do but we will have a word. Maybe she might cop on but i doubt it. At least i tried.

I agree. Harness the dog. Since CKCS's are so cute they stop traffic. Mine has a doggie seatbelt.

When ours was a pup we had a crate for him but it made him sick- I think he must be like me- if I cant see out the window I get car sick too. Now he has a seat belt and hes perfectly comfortable and can see through the window .

I bought a car basket to secure my pup to travel in comfort and be able to see out the window. It's sad to see those that don't secure their fur babies in a crate or strapped in.

Back