• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Magnetic collars

kaytee576

Hi, as you may know as I have mentioned before my kaytee has several health problems including irritable bowel disease and SM, I was in the pet shop the other day and saw a magnetic collar and it got me thinking maybe this would help kaytee.
The problem I have is they cost a lot, you cant put a price on kaytee's health so I am willing to save but I wondered have any of you used one? do you know of places in the UK where they are cheaper? thanks xx

I know of absolutely no clinical evidence that shows that magnets would help anything associated with MVD or SM in dogs (or humans). I would save your money so that you have it for any vet emergencies you might have. (y) Talk to your vet if you feel Kaytee needs any additional help with her health conditions. Sometimes it is better to just do the basics -- give her proper vet health care, feed an appropriate diet, give moderate exrcise, and try not to be anxious as a dog will pick this up and become anxious itself -- whch can exacerbate irritable bowel and SM both. :flwr:

PS The fact that a magnetic collar is so expensive -- yet is not offered as a treatment by your own vets -- is an indication that you should be pretty suspicious. Both collars and magnets can be bought very cheaply. Why combining the two is so expensive suggests someone is trying to remove cash from your pocket.

Back