PDA

View Full Version : How to make cheese and honey treats for your dog.

*Pauline*
26th October 2007, 12:39 AM
After seeing Karlin's thread about brushing your dogs teeth, I noticed this dog biscuit recipe, also on Videojug.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-cream-cheese-and-honey-treats-for-your-dog

Celticharmony
26th October 2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks Pauline, shall try that definately. I have never given my dogs any of the ingredients in that recipe apart from a morsel of cheese as I was unsure if their digestive systems could tolerate oil and flower. I wonder if there is a list of foods that dogs cannot digest, which would be very helpful?

sallymum
26th October 2007, 12:13 PM
Something to try over the weekend. Thanks Pauline.

anniespeeps
26th October 2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks Pauline, shall try that definately. I have never given my dogs any of the ingredients in that recipe apart from a morsel of cheese as I was unsure if their digestive systems could tolerate oil and flower. I wonder if there is a list of foods that dogs cannot digest, which would be very helpful?

I think flour's OK. It's bread or dough with yeast in it that's bad for doggies.

Here's at least a partial list of foods that are poisonous or otherwise bad for doggies:

- Alcoholic beverages
- Avocado
- Chocolate (all forms)
- Coffee (all forms)
- Fatty foods
- Macadamia nuts
- Moldy or spoiled foods
- Onions, onion powder
- Raisins and grapes
- Salt
- Yeast dough
- Garlic
- Products sweetened with xylitol

Cathryn
26th October 2007, 08:45 PM
Looks good, will give that a try! :thmbsup: Thanks Pauline!! :hug:

Clairelou
26th October 2007, 09:09 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I frequently did and do give macadamia nuts, grapes, raisins and onions :eek:

I occasionally feed garlic and have read many specific Cavalier breed books advising the feeding of garlic tablets:confused:

Claire L
26th October 2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks Pauline! I'm definitely going to try that. The doggie stew looks great as well {yum!}

Sandrac
31st October 2007, 12:30 PM
thanks Pauline

I cooked a batch at the weekend and used them for training treats - Cinders and Minnie loved them - made a change from the usual smelly pilchard treat cake that I make for them for training. :dogwlk:

*Pauline*
31st October 2007, 02:46 PM
made a change from the usual smelly pilchard treat cake that I make for them for training.

:grnyuk: I'm sure that is smelly but works well! ;)