• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My life with george

Super Princess

Has anyone read this book
My life with george by judith summers
'surviving life with the king of canines'

im sitting in the belfast airport..awaiting my flight home to canada..and i saw this cavaliers face on the book.. it sounds pretty good..i read the first chapeter..so far its made me laugh.

'in the summer of 1998, after her husband and father both die of cancer within the space of two weeks justih summers found herself floundering in despire. life for her and her 8 year old son joshua seemd relentlessly bleak and onerous.

but then george bounced into their lives. a CKCS with a loving character, filmstar looks adn a penchant for chewing up papers, george re-awoke their joie devivre and gave htem both back their snse of humour.

yet, as judith soond iscoverd, living with geroge had its drawbacks. he was as time consuming as a full time job and as expensive to run as a ferrari. wilful, stubborn and badly behaved, he refused to eat anything other then roast chicken, preferred travelling by car to walking and became jealouse as a spurned lover if any man dared show an interest in her.

accident prone and dogged by health problems, george became almost a permanent fixture at hte local vets. and when a near death tangle with a staffordshire bull terrier resulted in costly sessions with animal psychologist..judith found to her horror that she was the one who was put on the couch.

my life with george is the hilarious and moving account of hte impossible but adorable george, of his adventures and misdemeanours of hte wonderful way in which he helped to fill a huge void in judith and joshuas lives. wistl driving htem absolutly barking mad along the way.'

thought id share !
also if anyone is int he belfast airport anytime soon they have cavalaier stuffed animals...tri and blenem

I read it a while back (also bought it on a trip to Belfast) like you said; it started out great ........ judge for yourself - enjoy

haha well as long as it gets me threw the 45 minute delay..8 hour plane ride..1 hour bus ride..1.5 ferry ride..i shall be good to go!:D

Somehow I don't think it will take that long to read (I think I read it in two hours)so you might just want to but another book. Safe journey!

I'm just reading it {thanks Beth have borrowed your copy whilst I'm at Debbie's LOL} - it's fabulous!!

This just came out in the US, and I picked it up. I've only read the first 20 pages or so, but I love it :)

Amazon deliver to the Republic of Ireland

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=11072981

Otherwise I would think most large book stores would stock it or would be able to order it for you if you quote these details

My Life with George: Surviving Life with the King of the Canines (Hardcover)
by Judith Summers

Publisher: Michael Joseph Ltd (2 Aug 2007)
ISBN-10: 0718153278
ISBN-13: 978-0718153274

I thought it was brilliant, glad to know that I'm not the only one with a badly behaved Cavalier LOL

I just finished the book at the weekend!! I thought it was wonderful! It made me very reassured about some of Cleo's antics, but then so do the stories I have heard here. :fool:

Just received my copy from amazon over here in the states....read the book jacket and could have cried right then and there.
Can't wait to read it!

Read the review of this when it first came out here in the UK they serialised excepts in the Daily Mail- been meaning to get it! You may also want to try Marley and Me- cant remember the author- just googole the book. Not a Cav but a fantatsic book about a dog (lab)and the family he is part of- not for the feint hearted but dog books rarely are- give it a go though well worth it!

MARLEY AND ME was WONDERFUL!!!
Read it then passed it on for other dog lovers to enjoy!!!

I just picked up the book on Sunday, I'm a slow reader so I'm like to page 60. so far so good. :)

OMG, i had my life with george for my birthday n only just finished it! its sooo good, cried loads hehe, now my moms readin it but she not keeping it hehe!!

Back