• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heidi Update

Gem

Its been 4 weeks now since we picked Heidi up. When she came to us she was very timid and really rather scared of certain things. Although she hadnt been necleted or mistreated she had not been given the love she deserved and so much needed. It was the same old story new baby comes into the house and no-one has anytime for the dog (how people can think like this i will never know!) Shut outside most of the day, she was in despearte need of a bath and her ears were so matted, she would cower if you bent down to her level and was basically scared of her own shadow not to mention been terrified of my mums labrador. Apparetly the only dogs she'd ever met were her size or smaller.
We got the worse out the way booked her straight into the vets to be spayed, microchipped and have her hernia repaired. The poor little girl was so sad and couldnt understand why she had come to live with a new family. After her operation Chloe stayed with my mum for a few days so we could focus on getting her better. We visited her each day to get them used to one another and when Chloe came home thats when we noticed the difference. The timid little Heidi that came into our life had vanished and we now had a beautiful confident cavalier who instead of hiding in the corner would now approach you of her own accord. She has now learnt to play with toys, we attended puppy classes to get her used to other dogs and she absoultely loves them. She has bought out the best in Chloe and she is so happy to have a new sister. Sorry to ramble on for so long but I just wanted everyone to know how proud we are of how far she has come in such a short time:)

DCAM0018.jpg

DCAM0017.jpg

DCAM0027.jpg

DCAM0019.jpg

What a WONDERFUL story! I'm so very happy little Miss Heidi is all sorted and is acting like the beautiful little gal that she is.

What a lovely change that happened to Heidi. I really think you have done a great job! She and Chloe are such beautiful girls, and they seem to thrive with eachother.

That's such a great story and good for you for giving her this second chance! She's such a cute little thing and isn't it wonderful how a companion can really transform an only dog? This is a lovely situation for both dogs. :)

What a lovely girl Heidi is! I am so happy for Chloe too....I see the love between my two and see how happy they are when they play together...I am sure that bringing Heidi home was the best gift you could ever give Chloe! Thanks for sharing the story and photos!

What a loverly story and a happy ending
one of the photos were Chloe looks like she would say this is my sister you will not hurt her
Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Their pictures together are soooo sweet. They are both beautiful dogs. Judy and Dixie

What a lovely story. I'm so happy that Heidi found a forever home with you. Chloe and Heidi look very content and relaxed with each other, I'm sure there will be years of enjoyment between the two of them and for your family.

Your Heidi reminds me so much of our Minnie Moo; she too was afraid of her own shadow and absolutely terrified of my hubby(made him very sad)
but thankfully Ms Cara Mia came back to us and Minnie is a different girl altogether :wggle:she adores Cara and she even grooms her before every walk:lpy:

Isn't it just great when it all works out :jmp2:

Back