• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Opinions please

murphy's mum

I'm looking for some input here. Murphy sleeps on the bed with us, some nights he snores really bad, last night was one of them. I gave him a little shake and he snarled at me. I was quite shocked, obviously it was dark so I don't know if his teeth were on show, but it definately wasn't a playful warning.

Do you think he got a fright? Or was he giving a warning?

As I said it was a snarl, rather than a growl. We get growls when fighting over a ragger, but those are none threatening. Not really sure what to think.

You probably just startled and scared him out of a deep sleep -- he was giving a warning in surprise. Lily sometimes does this if the other dogs walk over her when she's buried under the covers for example. You might have got him at an uncomfortable angle or something as well. I wouldn't worry about it unless he starts regularly growling -- in which case I'd start by having the vet check him for any bodily pain spots or deafness, or something like that which might spur a more unusually aggressive response than you'd expect. (y)

My Mavy snores too... so loud I think it's my husband. Normally I'll just move him a little and he'll stop.

I would guess that you just scared him.

My Mavy snores too... so loud I think it's my husband. Normally I'll just move him a little and he'll stop.

I would guess that you just scared him.
I agree you might have made him jump
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Sam)

Back