PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing and eye sore - should I be worried?

BobbyPuppy
31st October 2007, 11:58 AM
Hello Cavalier Experts!
Can I ask your opinion please?
My little pup, Billy (just 14 weeks old) has had his injections and is full of life - I am in love!
My concern is that on Sunday he started sneezing and I noticed a little pink lump on the bottom rim of his eye lid and his eye is a bit gunky.

My question is - does this sound like something serious?
I have been to the Vet and she has given us some eye drops and antibiotics.
However, I know they can get it wrong. Is this just an infection? What do you think it could it be? :confused:
We're on the third day of antibiotics and he is still sneezing alot - can you help please? Thanks.

merlinsmum
31st October 2007, 01:34 PM
what did the vet say? I would go back if you are concerned. Remember antibiotics don't work straight away - Hope Billy gets well soon

BobbyPuppy
31st October 2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for your response!
The Vet thought it was a viral infection or an eye infection that was making him sneeze. I just wondered whether the symptons could be anything else. How long will it take for the antibiotics to kick in? Thanks

Scouty girl
31st October 2007, 05:58 PM
Hi, He should be doing a little better within 24-48 hrs. If he is still sneezing or if the bump is still near his eye and he doesn't seem any better, I would take him back. Is he eating and drinking plenty of water?

BobbyPuppy
1st November 2007, 12:09 PM
Yes he's eating and drinking but still sneezing alot and the bump on his bottom eye lid is still there. Wonder what it is?

Scouty girl
2nd November 2007, 12:36 AM
I'm glad that he is eating and drinking. Is Billy doing any better today? If he's not showing improvement by Saturday I would consider taking him back to the vets.

BobbyPuppy
2nd November 2007, 10:55 AM
He's still snezzing! Will probably give it until Monday and then go back to the Vets - thanks for your help!

Claire L
2nd November 2007, 11:30 AM
Sorry to hear about poor Billy. If he is sneezing ALL the time then something must be causing this reflex and I would imagine that it is not very comfortable for him. Personally, I would expect to see some improvement within 24 hrs and if not then I would go back to the Vet.