• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sneezing and eye sore - should I be worried?

Hello Cavalier Experts!
Can I ask your opinion please?
My little pup, Billy (just 14 weeks old) has had his injections and is full of life - I am in love!
My concern is that on Sunday he started sneezing and I noticed a little pink lump on the bottom rim of his eye lid and his eye is a bit gunky.

My question is - does this sound like something serious?
I have been to the Vet and she has given us some eye drops and antibiotics.
However, I know they can get it wrong. Is this just an infection? What do you think it could it be? :confused:
We're on the third day of antibiotics and he is still sneezing alot - can you help please? Thanks.

what did the vet say? I would go back if you are concerned. Remember antibiotics don't work straight away - Hope Billy gets well soon

Thanks for your response!
The Vet thought it was a viral infection or an eye infection that was making him sneeze. I just wondered whether the symptons could be anything else. How long will it take for the antibiotics to kick in? Thanks

Hi, He should be doing a little better within 24-48 hrs. If he is still sneezing or if the bump is still near his eye and he doesn't seem any better, I would take him back. Is he eating and drinking plenty of water?

Yes he's eating and drinking but still sneezing alot and the bump on his bottom eye lid is still there. Wonder what it is?

I'm glad that he is eating and drinking. Is Billy doing any better today? If he's not showing improvement by Saturday I would consider taking him back to the vets.

Sorry to hear about poor Billy. If he is sneezing ALL the time then something must be causing this reflex and I would imagine that it is not very comfortable for him. Personally, I would expect to see some improvement within 24 hrs and if not then I would go back to the Vet.

Back