• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chaucer thearpy dog made someone happy

Penny

Chaucer and Chelsea are thearpy dogs and we have been going to nursing homes with my dog training club. We give a short obedience demo and then the dogs get to visit. Everyone loves the cavaliers!!!!! Who wouldn't. Yesterday I put Chaucer on a lady's lap and she started talking to him and me. The staff got all excited because she hadn't talked to anyone in months.

That's so great! When Miles is old enough I would love to have him certified to be a therapy dog. I took him to a rehab center to visit someone and all of the residents loved him!

Dogs are great! Unfortunately, although cavaliers are used as assistance dogs by individuals here, there is no program that I know of where you can certify your dog so that it can go visit at a nursing home. The only time that I've heard of it being done at all here was in an article in the newspaper a few months ago where the employees of a nursing home on the island where I live set up a schedule for bringing their own dogs in to visit with the residents--great way to bring your dog to work! It seems particularly necessary here, where many older people in the nursing homes grew up on farms and spent their entire lives around animals.

Therapy dogs are great. One of my friends takes her dog by her grandpa that had a stroke and he's suppose to be talking and using his voice but only talks to the dog.... She says it's so cute.

Back