PDA

View Full Version : A question for fellow groomers

OhMarley
1st November 2007, 12:52 PM
Just a quick question to anyone else who is a groomer, I'm updating my grooming kit and need to get a new set of clippers and some more blades. I've had an Andis AGC 2 and work with a pair of Oster 2 speed
Any suggestions of brands? The main issue i had with Andis was the cord I had to have it replaced 3 times!!!!!! And i took VERY good care of them.
The Oster 2 were quite noisy and dogs hate the noise.
As for blades, which brands have you guys found last and cut well?

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 04:37 PM
No answers at all but just bumping this back up.

AT
3rd November 2007, 05:26 PM
I had the same problem with my andis clippers & now some of the blades wont stay on them for some reason. I might get a cordless pair next time.
I have oster too but dont like where the button is Or the noise & the fan that blows the hair in your eyes.

I always got oster blades as they were cheaper & fit both clippers

OhMarley
4th November 2007, 01:10 PM
I had the same problem with my andis clippers & now some of the blades wont stay on them for some reason. I might get a cordless pair next time.
I have oster too but dont like where the button is Or the noise & the fan that blows the hair in your eyes.

I always got oster blades as they were cheaper & fit both clippers

I hate that fan it once blew hair into my eye and it scratched the surface of my eye, so painful! I had to go to the doctor to have my eye stained and get drops :(

Cathy Moon
4th November 2007, 04:31 PM
I bought the Wahl Switchblade variable speed professional clipper, based on the ratings it has received. It has an ergonomic design. I'm not a professional dog groomer, but I wanted clippers so I can groom my girls whenever I need to. I have a full set of Oster universal snap on combs, and I use the blade that came with the Wahl.