• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A question for fellow groomers

OhMarley

Just a quick question to anyone else who is a groomer, I'm updating my grooming kit and need to get a new set of clippers and some more blades. I've had an Andis AGC 2 and work with a pair of Oster 2 speed
Any suggestions of brands? The main issue i had with Andis was the cord I had to have it replaced 3 times!!!!!! And i took VERY good care of them.
The Oster 2 were quite noisy and dogs hate the noise.
As for blades, which brands have you guys found last and cut well?

I had the same problem with my andis clippers & now some of the blades wont stay on them for some reason. I might get a cordless pair next time.
I have oster too but dont like where the button is Or the noise & the fan that blows the hair in your eyes.

I always got oster blades as they were cheaper & fit both clippers

I had the same problem with my andis clippers & now some of the blades wont stay on them for some reason. I might get a cordless pair next time.
I have oster too but dont like where the button is Or the noise & the fan that blows the hair in your eyes.

I always got oster blades as they were cheaper & fit both clippers

I hate that fan it once blew hair into my eye and it scratched the surface of my eye, so painful! I had to go to the doctor to have my eye stained and get drops :(

I bought the Wahl Switchblade variable speed professional clipper, based on the ratings it has received. It has an ergonomic design. I'm not a professional dog groomer, but I wanted clippers so I can groom my girls whenever I need to. I have a full set of Oster universal snap on combs, and I use the blade that came with the Wahl.

Back