• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

2008 Cavalier Rescue Calendar

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Featuring your dogs! :)

Merlinsmum is very kindly coordinating this and there will be some fantastic shots in the calendar this year going by the quality of the entries in the competition.

To add your name for orders, see this thread: http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?p=232508

There's a Calendar sub-gallery in the General Gallery where people can go find out more, view pictures, etc.

Thanks so much for everyone's involvement and contribution with this project. Last year money raised by calendar sales helped me to get several cavaliers, such as Megan, Ginger and Fred, safely into rescue. :rah: So this support has a very direct effect.

karlin if u want me sell a few i will, as i have a big family and i would say that alot of them would buy them!!

Just a reminder that if people want to get a calendar or have ordered one already: merlinsmum needs email addresses and postal addresses immediately!

If you go to the original forum for the Calendar Competition (a subforum within the General Gallery section) you can see the relevant posts and what is needed.

Thanks again for everyone's support. To show what a difference having some funds makes, I am currently juggling 6 cavaliers in rescue and had what had looked to be a seventh, however that person is probably going to keep a cavalier they found (as they've had no response to notifying the police and the pounds and running an ad).

It makes a huge difference to me to know I can draw on some funding if any dogs needs short term kennelling or faces more involved vet care. This concern is always particularly acute at a time like this when I am halfway around the world and I get a sudden influx of dogs needing to be sorted at least just short term. Making arrangements at a distance across 8 time zones is always a nightmare.

Fortunately in this case I have some places for them to go or they can stay where they currently are for at least a little while til I can personally assess the dogs. By now Tara and I have a standing 'joke' that as soon as I get on a plane a cavalier will come into rescue but of late it seems that one is not enough and half a dozen is more the norm... :eek: :lol:

Incidentally the most amazing story is the vet who contacted me this week because a woman brought her two cavaliers (one very young) in to be put down because 'her new boyfriend doesn't like dogs'. Beyond belief. :sl*p: Both these dogs are now safe with Irish Cavalier Rescue.

Just like to add - the more calendars ordered actually means more money for rescue as the price actually goes down the more we order.

I have seen the proof today and the chap I am dealing with is very nice - everytime I send him and amendment he is straight back with a revised edition.

They accept payment through paypal which is why I am bothering you all - the calenders themselves to buy in bulk are not cheap enough for me to pay for them out of my own funds, plus those that have requested a calender but not yet given me their email makes me unsure of how many to order, so if you wanted one please pm me your email address or if you prefer email me on [email protected]

Thanks very much to those that have paid already :) I'd like to get the order in by then end of the week at the very latest so the despatches can be in time for Christmas. I won't be online on Thursday night if you have any questions as I am away with work - staying at Stratford Manor in warwickshire - nice hopefully :)

Incidentally the most amazing story is the vet who contacted me this week because a woman brought her two cavaliers (one very young) in to be put down because 'her new boyfriend doesn't like dogs'.

Egads, why would she be interested in such a LOSER? Makes me angry. But I'm really posting here because I am wondering if we can get these delivered to the USA and how do we go about it and what is the approx. cost?

Egads, why would she be interested in such a LOSER? Makes me angry. But I'm really posting here because I am wondering if we can get these delivered to the USA and how do we go about it and what is the approx. cost?

The cost is £10 UK pounds - this covers everyone despite where they live.

My initial post calcultes what the costs are to me.

Back