PDA

View Full Version : Need 3 day foster TH-Sat! Female cav(pic!)

Karlin
2nd November 2007, 11:48 PM
This dog now needs a foster place. Very urgent, needs somewhere to go tomorrow and to be collected (Claire was going to collect and I assume still can but I need a place for her to go). I likely have a home for her fairly fast but she needs somewhere to stay for a few days. Anyone please?

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 12:08 AM
May have this sorted. Claire is getting her.

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 01:06 AM
Still no confirmed place for her. If anyone can take her for a couple of days please PM me or post. In the morning I will know whether I have a place for her but definitely need a backup in case that doesn't work.

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 01:42 AM
This is now OK, foster confirmed. Claire, will likely meet as planned but will talk to see what your time plan is, in the morning after you collect her.

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 12:19 PM
She is out and on her way to me. :) Many thanks to Claire and hubbie for making a long journey to collect her. :flwr:

Am told 'she is a pudding' and very sweet!

coconut
3rd November 2007, 12:32 PM
thats great karlin if you need anymore help with transport let me know! Cannot foster at the mo as my auntie is very sick and we are all trying to help with her!!!

GOOD on claire and hubby!!!! :rah:

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 03:30 PM
Oh, hope your aunt is better soon. :flwr:

This is a darling, 4-5 year old girl who just LOVES people, children and dogs -- but has what looks like a badly luxating patella on right rear leg. Either that or it has been broken and badly set. Tara will get her in to the vet during the week and we will see what she needs next but I am guessing a patella surgery; Irish Cav Rescue will cover half-ish and her adoption fee will cover most of the rest. :) Leg doesn;t bother her at all but she does limp a bit.

She IS a pudding and losing some weight will help that leg! :lol:

Here she is! I think she will be named Cass(ie) as she's a bit of a big mama right now. :) She is one happy, happy dog.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2352/1843176648_940aa61fd3.jpg

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 03:43 PM
Tara is away from Thursday to Saturday of this week and we will need a short term foster just for those few days. She shoud be a dote to keep -- no walks please, she is better just having garden exercise. Very good natured jolly girl who is just so happy for some affection. Can anyone in Dublin area take her for those couple of days? She can go back to Tara Sat evening (she won't be back til then) or Sunday morning.

Having her knee checked on Wednesday.

TKC
3rd November 2007, 05:42 PM
She is much better looking than in that shot.

Cass is easy peasy and dream dog - she is in the doggie room right now resting in a play pen as she was delighted to have some doggie friends and was bopping around a bit too much for the leg. Doesn't look to be bothering her at all.

Rj Mac
3rd November 2007, 06:51 PM
I wish we were closer at hand Karlin, we'd love to be able to help you out with this girl, :xfngr:Everything checks out ok with the vet, and that someone can help out

goodie2su
3rd November 2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Karlin
We would love to foster this little girl for you. I will pm you my number if you still need someone.
Thanks
Susan.icon_whistling

Karlin
3rd November 2007, 07:51 PM
Tara is right -- she has much better pics and might post those (hint!). Hi Susan -- I'd be delighted for you to host her! :lol: Beware though you may not want to give her up. :) I'll PM you.

TKC
3rd November 2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks Susan, She is a total sweetie very loving and affectionate and really funny.

goodie2su
3rd November 2007, 11:03 PM
Can't wait :w**h**:

Thelly
3rd November 2007, 11:55 PM
We could take her - one more won't matter!!!!

Karlin
4th November 2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks Thelly; Susan will take her for those few days then she will go back to Tara but I'll let her know you are there for backup too. :) We don't really know yet what is going to happen with her til we get a vet to check her leg.

sallymum
4th November 2007, 12:29 PM
What a beautiful girl Cass looks. Glad everything worked out ok in the end.

TKC
4th November 2007, 02:45 PM
Now she looks very sad in this photo but she wasn't!

More info on her:

She LOVES people. Her tricks are Twirl and sit for food food food but she is on a diet now to get that weight off her.

She is impeccably house trained. She will ask to go out and will not pee or poop in the house.

She gets on really well with the other dogs.

Sleeps all night in her play pen.

Leg is not bothering her at all.

She had a nice wash and blow dry today so she smells of baby powder now.

This one is a special special girl with a lovely soul.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/TaraChoules/Image023.jpg

jld
4th November 2007, 02:49 PM
What a SWEETIE !!!!! I wish I could take her......Judy and Dixie

goodie2su
4th November 2007, 05:21 PM
Oh Tara stop ..... you may not get her back

we are sooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! :*nana:

Susan

Karlin
4th November 2007, 08:29 PM
We're getting her all sorted for you -- Tara will have some food and her little teensy bowl so she can't overeat :lol: and I'll get you sorted with a crate you can use. Right now she apparently smells like shampoo which is a lot better than what she smelled like after a week plus in the pound!

Rj Mac
4th November 2007, 09:15 PM
So glad everything's working out for this girl, have to admit....we're seriously considering a move to Ireland icon_whistling

Karlin
4th November 2007, 09:19 PM
Oh if you moved, I'd keep you busy fostering! :lol:

Rj Mac
4th November 2007, 09:33 PM
Oh if you moved, I'd keep you busy fostering! :lol:

That would be an absolute pleasure Karlin....allthough knowing Lisa, I think we'd end up with about half a dozen Cavaliers, and I'd have to buy a counrty estate :lol:

Claire L
4th November 2007, 09:35 PM
So glad that Cassie is all setled and happy. She really is a wonderful scrumptious girlie. She just oozes personality and whoever is lucky enough to be rescued by Cassie will definitely be loved, beguiled and utterly charmed by her wonderful character :lotsaluv:

Alison_Leighfield
5th November 2007, 08:18 AM
She looks a yummy honey! what a gentle little face :)

TKC
5th November 2007, 11:29 PM
Oh and as I just found out she also knows STAY! I just said it by accident and she sat there staying and looking at me.

God love her she is so peaved when she finishes her food from her tiny bowl but she is looking better already. She looks up as if to sy "please ... can I have some more"

Her coat is smashing lovely and soft and smelling good.

Enjoy her Susan.

sallymum
6th November 2007, 10:07 AM
She sounds so lovely. Sorry i didnt get to meet her.

casshon
6th November 2007, 11:05 AM
God love her she is so peaved when she finishes her food from her tiny bowl but she is looking better already. She looks up as if to sy "please ... can I have some more"

I know that look! Honey was the same when we were trying to get her weight down after her knee operation. Celery sticks are great for keeping them occupied. She sounds like a dote :luv:

goodie2su
6th November 2007, 01:01 PM
ROLL ON TOMORROW

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE :luv:

Susan.

Sue.k
6th November 2007, 02:14 PM
Oh she sounds like such a little dote, good luck with her Susan, I am sure you will just love her to bits :)

Karlin
7th November 2007, 01:28 PM
Well, it is a luxatting patella all right -- a severe one, probably the highest grde says my vet -- but also probably not operable. He notes that trying to fix it would take something more involved than a regular patella surgery and may not be possible anyway -- he cannot even move the knee, it is just permanently out of socket. But he also notes that it probably doesn't need to be done because it is more or less locked in place and while it gives her a slight limp, it doesn't seem to cause any pain or much restriction in what she does. He said that a lower grade patella, that is actually popping in and out of the socket, is what would cause the pain and discomfort. He did note that she may be more prone to cruciate ligament tears, and to arthritis later on but also that she may do perfectly fine. So her leg can just be left as is, is the upshot, and it doesn't seem to cause her much bother. Losing a bit of weight will help take extra pressure off that leg. An orthopedist could be consulted as to any other options in future as well but she doesn't seem remotely bothered by the leg.

Tara has her in fantastic shape now -- sh'e lost a smidgin of weight and is so clean and glossy! She is just the happiest dog in the universe -- my vet loved her. She had settled into her crate for the trip with Susan last I saw her and she will be in for her spay soon. :)