PDA

View Full Version : FOUND: Missing Female Cavalier

TKC
3rd November 2007, 04:36 PM
More details here

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=56428&st=0&gopid=454561&#entry454561

Photo
http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=9601

From Owners:
Our Cavalier King Charles was stolen from her home on October 4th. Female Belnhiem colour. 10 Months old and spayed and chipped with small scar on tummy. Much missed by her family. Reward offered. Please call 087 2731626.

Karlin
8th November 2007, 02:24 AM
Am told they got this dog back. :)

Debby with a Y
8th November 2007, 03:24 AM
:rah::rah::rah:YAY!!!!:rah::rah::rah:

p.s. I am so afraid of this happening to Barkley that I've made an appointment with his vet to get microchipped.

sallymum
8th November 2007, 10:56 AM
Good news they got there baby back. What a terrible thing to happen.

casshon
8th November 2007, 11:05 AM
Such great news they got her back. This happened in the next village to me and it's so scary. I wonder how they got her back after such a long time?

Karlin
8th November 2007, 09:46 PM
They put up a lot of notices and notified guards etc and apparently that motivated someone to return the dog anonymously.

This breed is such a regular target for thieves that I again will suggest everyone have a second dog tag on their dog's collar that clearly states 'Neutered and microchipped. Reward if found'.

In many cases ONLY a microchip will be accepted as proof of ownership of a dog in a dispute so please get this done if your dogs aren't chipped. I know of specific UK cases where stolen dogs could not be reclaimed because they were not chipped and owners could not provide distinct evidence that the dogs were theirs. If they'd been chipped, the police would have taken them immediately and returned them but were unable to act. :yikes

Also I always suggest people never, ever leave the dogs to have open access to a garden when people aren't home or leave them alone in a garden while at work -- the vast majority of stolen dogs are taken from a garden, including when owners are home.

They are often taken specifically to end up in the most horrifying situations(unneutered males are an especially easy target as it is obvious they are still intact and they can easily be sold on for breeding!). Neutering and chipping and then having tags that clearly state these things are one of the best deterrents to thieves and best guarantees that one way or another, you'll get your dog back, as it means the dogs are mostly worthless to them

casshon
15th November 2007, 12:16 PM
There was an article in the Evening Herald last night about Milly. It said she was found in an estate in Swords (which is near where she lives) with a note attached to her collar asking someone to bring her to the police station. Thank goodness they got her back safely.