• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Satin Balls

coconut

Hey guys, i am thinking of making satins balls for molly as she is very thin and small, she is 2 yrs old and is way smaller than baxter who is 10 months old!!

Just wondering were i would get total cereal and unsulfured molasses in ireland. Going to try and make them during the week and see how it goes!

10 pounds hamburger meat [the cheapest kind]
1 lg. box of Total cereal
1 lg. box oatmeal
1 jar of wheat germ
1 1/4 cup veg oil
1 1/4 cup of unsulfured molasses
10 raw eggs AND shells
10 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
pinch of salt

I usually make up about 1/5th of this amount, as it makes a HUGE amount.

Lidl or Aldi do a Total cereal - it's the one with the different grains in.

I really struggled to get the molasses, so had to resort to the one preserved with sulphur {lots of dried fruit is also preserved wtih sulphur eg apricots!}. Ideally you would want the unsulphured one, maybe a health food shop?

This does freeze - and is also good for doggie birthday cakes as it holds it shape!

Health food shops are good for molasses. :) You could use bran flakes or any multi grain flake cereal or even special K -- all these cereals are fortified with vitamins etc. so having the exact grain mix wouldn't really matter too much I think.

the original recipe was just to stir it up raw. Obviously be careful where you source your eggs - organic free range would be best.

If the mince {hamburger} is bought frozen ie frozen in an industrial freezer, NOT a home freezer, then it's ok to use raw. otherwise bring it up to the boil in some water and boil it for a few minutes, then drain and use it.

Back