• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie is doing well after surgery

Cathy Moon

Charlie is doing well after his surgery. :) He is sleeping, and too sedated to eat anything yet, but they feel he is doing fine so far. He will be on a combination of pain meds for awhile.

He may come home on Saturday, depending on how well he is doing.

Sorry it took so long for me to post, but this is the first time all day that I've been near my computer.

Oh Cathy, I've been waiting for your post all day! You must be so relieved. I said a special prayer for you this morning, I'm sure that and everyone else's prayers made sure you were blessed today. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so glad to hear he has come through the surgery OK :p :xfngr: That he can come home to you and the rest of the "Moonie's" on Saturday, have been thinking of you all day, having them MRI'd is hard enough I know, so this must be off the scale I guess........

Give this incredibly brave little chap a HUGE kiss and very gentle but long cuddle from me and the Ttenneb Cuddle when you visit him won't you??

Will be watching for updates......:hug: :lotsaluv:

Thank you all! :hug:
His neurologist said that his brain and spinal cord were very compressed, and that everything looks much better after the surgery. I'm just so relieved he is doing well. I'm sure all the positive thoughts and prayers made a difference!

Last edited:
:w**h**::w**h**:

That is just great news; I've been watching for your first post! What did the neurologist say about the operation? Charlie must just be feeling a huge pain has vanished right now, the sweet boy. :)

Thank you Pauline! :hug:
His neurologist said that his brain and spinal cord were very compressed, and that everything looks much better after the surgery. I'm just so relieved he is doing well. I'm sure all the positive thoughts and prayers made a difference!

Sounds like he got his surgery at just the right time then? If the neorologist is happy with how the op went then that should be very promising I reckon?

It sounds like your Charlie had some major surgery. So glad to hear that he came through it well and it was a success for him!

Oops I posted just as you answered! Oh I really bet he is feeling so much better already then. :xfngr: How long was the surgery?

The neurologist sounds very positive then, that's what you want to hear. I hope you sleep ok tonight, get as much sleep as you can Cathy, you're going to need to be on top form. :hug:

Now he will be watching Charlie closely for signs that the surgery has had the desired effects.

I am hoping for the best news, but it may take a few days. Actually I'm not sure how long it will take until we know.

I'm sorry but I have to sign off for an hour or two right now.

Been thinking of Charlie all day... Thanks for the update. I wish I lived closer -- here is a big {{{{{{hug}}}}}} to your whole family.

Oops I posted just as you answered! Oh I really bet he is feeling so much better already then. :xfngr: How long was the surgery?

I think the surgery was about an hour and 20 minutes. Because I called at 9:20am and they were just putting him under. Then his neuro called me at 10:40am. Charlie was still asleep and intubated when he called.

Excellent fantastic news!! I thought about you all day long. Thanks for the update. Now get some rest yourself! Big hugs coming to you!

Ah, the wait is over, and I'm so happy to read the good news, Cathy.

Poor little man. Hopefully, he feels a release of pressure already.

Hang in there, lady... I'm sure you must be on pins and needles. Today make a little time to take a deep breath and relax yourself. :hug:

:flwr: I am so happy that it went well...and he is ok!!!!!

Let's hope this good news continues!!!

:hug:

Thanks so much for posting Cathy. I'm glad to hear things went well, and now we'll all be waiting and watching with you to see how much relief he's been given. I hope you, Colin and the kids can get some rest, I'm sure you're all exhausted.

So glad the surgery is over.... bless you all and sending prayers that it was very successful. Judy and Dixie

Back