PDA

View Full Version : Possible foster dog on the way!

cavi lover
9th November 2007, 03:28 PM
It seem likely that my next foster doggie will be Jake a cross cavi /pug who is crazy!

Wish me luck with him!!!!

Kelly
9th November 2007, 03:32 PM
Is he on DogPages at the moment? If so, he looks lovely but a little cheeky chappy!

Good luck let us know how he gets on.

Barbara Nixon
9th November 2007, 04:03 PM
There are more photos of him , on Hope's forum. Spud lasted a couple of days, your next foster didn't even get to you, so let's hope this one has the same luck in getting a quick home. I'm surprised he hasn't gone already.

cavi lover
9th November 2007, 04:25 PM
Yes lets hope Jake finds a home quickly.

Around Sheffiled there are not many little dogs come into rescues so lets hope his cheeky ways appeal to someone looking for a small dog.

Barbara Nixon
9th November 2007, 05:00 PM
Perhaps you'll get the tiny chihuahua, next, but if she's small compared to papillons, the cavaliers would probably squash her.

Davy
9th November 2007, 09:32 PM
Jake looks lovely:)

Jake (http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=154765&view=findpost&p=2198680)

cavi lover
10th November 2007, 09:50 AM
I cannot belive it I have just seen a cavi/pug cross on Epuz £600.

Pity I cannot post on Epuz about Jake.What is it with breeders ! no offence meant to the breeders on this site!

Barbara Nixon
10th November 2007, 09:57 AM
But the majority of people, who do these deliberate crosses are only in it for the money and some of the others are misguided. They don't understand genetics and assume that a cross will eliminate unwanted problems in health or behaviour and combine the good points of the breeds used, but it's not like that and they can end up with all the bad bits in one poor dog and then what happpens to him ?

Elaine 2
10th November 2007, 11:14 PM
Jake is a little beauty cant see him waiting long for his forever home he's lovely

Rj Mac
12th November 2007, 09:28 AM
Jake's a wee cracker :xfngr:he doesn't have long to wait for a foreverhome :thmbsup:

cy1266
12th November 2007, 04:05 PM
He kind of looks like a "Puggle" - a Pug/Beagle cross, which are popular here - one of those "designer crosses" :roll: Good luck with him!

hollyandmel
12th November 2007, 05:12 PM
oohhh he's so cute!! Holly says can we pop round and say hi!!:razz:

x

Barbara Nixon
12th November 2007, 06:51 PM
Could you be tempted ? Hope have nice little dogs and this one is already tested in a house with a child and full of dogs (lots and lots, including cavaliers).

oohhh he's so cute!! Holly says can we pop round and say hi!!:razz:

x

cavi lover
16th November 2007, 07:48 PM
Well Jake is arriving tomorrow. I am collecting him from Nottingham .
Just getting another bed out for him and a lovely new collar and lead.

Barbara Nixon
17th November 2007, 02:00 PM
He was up for homecheck, so it must have fallen through.

cavi lover
19th November 2007, 03:22 PM
Well the boy is here!

He is such an adorable little bundle of energy.

He is no trouble at all and just wants to play and play and play which is keeping Zoe well occupied.

I would love to keep him but don't have the money for doggie number 5.

Ah well can't have everything all of the time can you?

hollyandmel
19th November 2007, 07:19 PM
Well the boy is here!

He is such an adorable little bundle of energy.

He is no trouble at all and just wants to play and play and play which is keeping Zoe well occupied.

I would love to keep him but don't have the money for doggie number 5.

Ah well can't have everything all of the time can you?

h'es adorable...i went to meet him on Sunday and he's just :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

cavi lover
1st December 2007, 12:03 PM
The adorable Jake has now gone to his forever family in Wakefield West Yorkshire UK.

His new family are super with 2 boys which means he will have constant ball throwers!

A very happy ending for a death row doggie.

Cathy T
1st December 2007, 03:45 PM
What a great and very happy ending! Sounds like this boy is going to get everything he needs and deserves. Well done!

Karlin
1st December 2007, 03:47 PM
Great work and thanks for keeping us up to date on him! :)

Martin
6th December 2007, 09:44 PM
My Dad And Mom Are Disabled. My Dad Is Confined To Bed. He Does Not Have Any Mussel Control And Cain't Speak. His Mind Is Still Good. My Mom Cares For Him, But She Can't Get Around Very Well. My Dad Had A Boston Terrier That Passed Away A Few Weeks Ago With A Bad Heart Valve. Since His Terrier Passed Away He Has Pretty Much Given Up. My Dads Doctor Has Told Us Everything Is Down Hill For My Dad And Has Recomended That We Get Him Another Dog To At Lease Give Him Some Pleasure. I Have Been Searching For Dogs And It Looks As Though A Cavalier Would Be Good For Him. We Have Shown Him Pictures And He Seems To Want One Very Much. My Problem Is I Would Like To Find One That Has Outgrown The Puppy Stage And Is House Broken. Also, The Priceing Of The Cavaliers Are More Than I Can Spend At This Time, Although I Am Sure They Are Worth The Price. Would Any Readers Of This Please Give Me Some Advice As To It This Would Be A Good Dog For My Dad And If They Know Where I Could Find What I Need. The Boston Terrier Would Lay With My Dad And When We Could Set My Dad In A Chair He Would Lay In His Lap. My Mom Would Give Another Dog A Very Rewarding Home.
Thanks For Any Help.
(804)382-5672

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/images/misc/progress.gif