PDA

View Full Version : Charlie is Home!

Cathy Moon
10th November 2007, 01:21 AM
I just brought Charlie home this evening. He was doing so well that they wanted him to come home. He still has many of the same neurological symptoms (mainly mobility and vision in one eye) but he hasn't had any pain episodes yet.

Dr. A. said it's too soon to tell what the outcome will be, and I told him I knew that from the beginning, but we want Charlie to have this chance for a better life. We have to be cautiously optimistic because Charlie is the severest case Dr. A. has seen - he says Charlie is in a class of his own. So we can't jump for joy yet.

Dr. A. and his tech went over all the instructions and medications with me and answered questions (I had a list). He is taking Tramadol, which is very strong. I have never seen him so relaxed. His body and face are softer now. Charlie has a 2 week checkup scheduled for 12 days from now.

The little guy is in his crate resting comfortably. :slp: I am so relieved with each hurdle we cross.

Cleo's Person
10th November 2007, 01:31 AM
That's fabulous! I'm so glad you got Charlie home!

pinkpuppy
10th November 2007, 01:34 AM
This is great news and to be able to see some alleviation of pain in his face is hopeful. I'm glad he is home!

Cathy T
10th November 2007, 01:38 AM
Hooray he is home! Let the healing begin.

Karlin
10th November 2007, 01:40 AM
Wow, that is great! Hope he shows great improvement as he begins to recover. :)

Charleen
10th November 2007, 01:41 AM
That is good news Cathy. I am glad Charlie is home now. :luv:

jld
10th November 2007, 01:49 AM
I just know Charlie is so happy to be home with people who love him. Judy and Dixie

Debby with a Y
10th November 2007, 02:01 AM
Barkley and I are thrilled to hear that he is home, resting comfortably with his loving family.

Jen
10th November 2007, 02:19 AM
I am so, so happy to read this!! I've been checking all day for your post!

I hope you all can relax a bit now that he's home safe and sound.
God speed little man, let the healing begin! :rah:

frecklesmom
10th November 2007, 02:35 AM
This is so great-he'll recover the best in his loving home. I'm sure he'll have swelling inside that has to go down b4 he can begin to adjust. What a good peaceful night for you. Hugs to Charlie boy :luv:.

Cupcake Love
10th November 2007, 03:56 AM
Wonderful news! :rah: My fingers (and Cupcake's paws) are crossed for a speedy recovery. :xfngr:

Harvey's Mum
10th November 2007, 10:05 AM
Welcome home Charlie, hope your recovery is a speedy one.

:hug: from Harvey & Rudi.

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

Aileen
10th November 2007, 10:08 AM
WELCOME HOME CHARLIE
Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie---Sam)

Barbara Nixon
10th November 2007, 11:00 AM
I hope that Charlie continues to improve. Once the pain is gone, perhaps physio will improve the mobility.

Cathryn
10th November 2007, 11:18 AM
:w**h**: Oh that is fantastic news indeed, each little step forwards is a positive one, I am glad to hear that he has had no further pain episodes and hope that he continue's to show signs of improvement in other area's as the days and weeks pass by! :lotsaluv: Glad to hear he is so relaxed on his new medication too, HUGE, VERY Gentle :hug: and a big Kiss to Charlie from all of us here!!

Spencer'sMom
10th November 2007, 12:08 PM
Cathy, that's wonderful news. Everyone recovers better at home and I just know Charlie is going to feel so much better. I'm looking forward to reading about his progress her and in "his" blog.

Lynn
10th November 2007, 02:10 PM
Horray!!!! Such wonderful news!!!!!!! You must be thrilled to have him home!!! I pray that he heals well and that there are better than expected results for this precious boy.

Such great news to begin my day with!!!

Claire L
10th November 2007, 02:17 PM
Welcome Home Charlie!!!!! May you be blessed with pain free days!!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Cathy Moon
10th November 2007, 08:11 PM
We had an exhausting night with Charlie feeling pain when he moves his neck. :( I finally updated his blog, since he's having a nice nap right now. :slp:

Cleo's Person
10th November 2007, 08:42 PM
I'm so sorry that Charlie had a bad night. :( :xfngr: he'll feel relief soon.

Sandrac
10th November 2007, 08:56 PM
Charlie is now in the best possible place - Home - where he can continue to get lots of tender loving care and:lotsaluv::lotsaluv:
I'm sure there will be lots of ups and downs in his recuperation - but hang in there you have done the best for him that anyone could possilbe do. A big :hug::hug::hug: to all of you.

Vickie
11th November 2007, 08:55 PM
I'm so pleased to see that Charlie is home Cathy. I hope he has had a peaceful and restful day today :xfngr: that he has relief from the pain he was in prior to the surgery.

Rj Mac
11th November 2007, 09:11 PM
So glad that Charlie's home, we're thinking of you all, :xfngr:the pain eases off for him :flwr::hug: