• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is my puppy toooo needy?

we luv lexi

anyone else have this problem?
my puppy lexi, is 11weeks old now.
We cant leave her alone for more than like 15seconds without her pitching a crying fit.
i understand shes a bit spoiled, she sleeps in the bed with us more than she dosent, if we put her in the crate she cries histerically like if someone was hurting her. even her nap times, she sleeps wherever we happen to be (sofa, bed, car, etc...) she just wants attention 24/7
today when i was cooking, i put the gate up in the kitchen so i could keep an eye on her while i cooked, and she would start whining b/c i wasnt focusing on her, pulling on my pant legs, bringing me toys, and scratching my legs. sometimes these things are cute, but is this a normal puppy stage or is she just spoiled rotten and we created a monster?

anybody?

I'm not an expert, but I would ignore her behavior. Reward her when she is not begging for your attention. Do not scold her or say no because then she is just getting what she wants. You should probably search google for crate training and follow those steps. You don't want her to think the crate is a bad place. Good luck!

Vanessa

Id be the same,ignore her,mollie was like that and still is alot of the time but after about 5 minutes she goes and get in her bed and watches me with a look that saying a million things and id hate to find out lol

I think she will learn when shes got to keep her self busy,id do it a few times aday,ignore her for 5 minutes then play,and do that quite a few times over the next week.That may help.She needs to know that your the boss and you play when you want to play.It might seem mean but its not really.

xxx

This is normal behaviour for any puppy -- it's a survival instinct; they don;t want to be abandoned. Have a read of the posts on crate training and separation anxiety in the Caring for your Cavalier section of the Library. I also strongly recommend getting one of Dr Ian DUnbar's excellent books on caring for a puppy as it will explain both what these behaviours are about and how to manage them as your puppy grows. (y). Dogwise.com or Amazon.com or co.uk will carry these. He has very good videos too.

Back