• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

king charles or pom wanted

Leonie

i would really love a king charles or pomeranian(female)ive never bought a dog before as i rescue them.i have a neutered collie x and would love a little lady in my family,does anyone know of a good breeder in Dublin for either of these breeds,a bichon frise are also a favourate of mine..ikc reg is not important as she will be spayed when the time comes,i just want her as a pet,she will live indoors and will be well cared for..advise please??

Do you mean Cavalier King Charles or King Charles, as these are different breeds with, usually, very different temperaments ?

can i just add please when you buy a puppy its IMPORTANT that he-she is KC reg ..just because your going to spay you still want your pup to be well bred and recognised by the KC from a reputable breeder
also BOTH parents should have clear heart and eye certificates

i thought breeders can only register one litter a year?i would love a rescue puppy if possible but cant find one:(

As someone who rescues dogs i'm sure you're only too well aware of the benefits of adopting an older rescue ;)

all the dogs ive rescued are one year or less,i foster them untill they get homes,ive never thought of an older dog as i have a 3 year old son,but if i knew of the dogs background it wouldnt be a problem

yeah..i rang a man about a bichon pup the littler wasnt registered because he registered a littler the month before(2 saparate bitches) he had 2 males and 8 bitches,i dont understand it to be honest,i do want a healthy pup no doubt about that!

Leonie he is lying to you. That is total nonsense.

From your post, to be honest it sounds like you have a lot of research ahead of you still before commiting to a puppy as both these breeds have some serious health issues so finding a reputable show breeder is very important, not just a breeder in the small ads (avoid ANY breeder listing in the snall ads or on Irish dog websites). I recommend you start by reading the sections on getting a cavalier in the Library section here and also abut finding a puppy in Ireland on my rescue website, www.ckcserescue.com.

Please note I do not all public discussions on specific breeders so people will need to email you privately if they wish to offer recommendations. We do not have any informaion on poms here -- so talk to the breed club secretary for this breed.

I think you will want to do a lot of research still before making a commitment on a puppy. You need to research all the health issues of each breed and kow what health certs to ask the breeder to see before even remotely considering taking a puppy. You also need to learn about backyard breeders and puppy mills -- I have info on this in the Library on finding a good breeder, in the Puppy Mill section at the very bottom of this website, and also on my rescue page. You should only be talking to breeders given to you by the club secretaries of both those breed clubs -- contact the Irish Kennel Club (I think you are in Ireland if I recall).

Finding a healthy puppy and knowing what you are looking for takes a LOT of advance research as I am sure you must realise if you have been involved at all in rescue and the waiting time from a good breeder is typically 6-12 months in Ireland.

thanks for the advice,as ive said ive never bought a puppy before it goes to show all the lies buyers are told,ive never owner anything even remotely like a pure breed before xxx i get cracking on my research

Back