• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ready to extend our doggy family....

Kelly

We have finally decided to start looking for a little playmate for Chester.

We didnt get Chester for a reputible breeder and, after a lot of worried weeks earlier in the year regarding SM, we dont want to make the same mistake twice.

We are not in any immediate rush and just wondered if anyone new of any reputable breeders around the Herts/Essex area? Would like someone quite close this time as would like to be able to introduce Chester before making the decision.

Kelly, I won't be able to help you find the new puppy but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!
0002013F.gif

Any suggestions, please PM Kelly directly as I don't allow public posts on breeder recommendations. (y) Just be aware very few breeders are MRIing their breeding stock for SM. Personally, as I have two dogs with SM, I would only take a puppy from a breeder doing this with the appropriate certificates as the results so far from matings dispayed by Dr Clare Rusbridge at the Rugby SM meeting show a significantly lower incidence of SM and better MRI grades in puppies from AxA crossings (A dogs are dogs that have no symptoms, no syrinx at minimum age 2.5 years. Just having no symptoms is NOT a good measure of whether a dog is clear for SM). Nicki is aware of some breeders who MRI so if doing all you can to avoid SM is a concern, perhaps PM her directly.

Sorry Karlin, I hadnt realised!

Please take this post off if you need to.

Thanks,
Kelly

Back