PDA

View Full Version : Newby from Bristol England

Ciren
13th November 2007, 09:34 AM
Hello everyone!
My real name is Amy and I live in Bristol with my husband and 2 guinea pigs (Pickle and Pepper)

I am wanting to get a rescue Cav so i have been registering on lots of forums and reading everything I can find out about them so when I am able to give one a forever home I can give them the best home possible.

so for now thats me
A

Alison_Leighfield
13th November 2007, 09:37 AM
Hi Amy, Welcome!
I'm not far from you in Swindon, Wilts.

Alison.

Ciren
13th November 2007, 09:40 AM
ah the place of the magic roundabout. i know swindon quite well we used to go swimming there alot.

judefowl
13th November 2007, 10:45 AM
I'm also in Swindon and new to this forum. Seems a bit cheeky for me to say welcome, so I'll just say hi. This is a great place to learn (and waste time) about our darling furry chums.

I'd just like to say, for goodness sake get out now while you still have a chance! Honestly, Cavaliers are appalling dogs, you wouldn't want one as a gift :-p. There are some very nice plush toys around, I'd get one of those.

On the other hand, if I can work out where to stick the stamps, I'll post you my horror - Archie. cavtiny (Ever found the last page of your holiday book chewed off? It had been 'edited' by Archie)

Seriously, though, I hope you find the dog of your dreams (please see above for my recommendation)

Ciren
13th November 2007, 10:48 AM
ok now i am confused......:confused:

are you saying do get one or not?

Alison_Leighfield
13th November 2007, 12:52 PM
Oh yes DO.

It's the most rewarding thing that you can do believe me.

Just a little advice first: if you have never done this before then try to find a good gentle training class in your area along with an approachable behaviourist before hand just incase you find yourself with a few problems. Ask for their advice freely.
Advice sought early will prevent the little issues becoming larger and give you the confidence to carry on. Your vet or a groomer may carry a list or ask around when you see others out walking with dogs if they can recommend a name etc in your local area.

The P.D.T.A (Pet Dog Training Assoc.) would be another good contact.

Then ENJOY the rewards.

Alison.

Caraline
26th November 2007, 07:53 AM
icon_welcome