• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newby from Bristol England

Ciren

Hello everyone!
My real name is Amy and I live in Bristol with my husband and 2 guinea pigs (Pickle and Pepper)

I am wanting to get a rescue Cav so i have been registering on lots of forums and reading everything I can find out about them so when I am able to give one a forever home I can give them the best home possible.

so for now thats me
A

ah the place of the magic roundabout. i know swindon quite well we used to go swimming there alot.

Hi Amy and alison, too

I'm also in Swindon and new to this forum. Seems a bit cheeky for me to say welcome, so I'll just say hi. This is a great place to learn (and waste time) about our darling furry chums.

I'd just like to say, for goodness sake get out now while you still have a chance! Honestly, Cavaliers are appalling dogs, you wouldn't want one as a gift :p. There are some very nice plush toys around, I'd get one of those.

On the other hand, if I can work out where to stick the stamps, I'll post you my horror - Archie. cavtiny (Ever found the last page of your holiday book chewed off? It had been 'edited' by Archie)

Seriously, though, I hope you find the dog of your dreams (please see above for my recommendation)

Oh yes DO.

It's the most rewarding thing that you can do believe me.

Just a little advice first: if you have never done this before then try to find a good gentle training class in your area along with an approachable behaviourist before hand just incase you find yourself with a few problems. Ask for their advice freely.
Advice sought early will prevent the little issues becoming larger and give you the confidence to carry on. Your vet or a groomer may carry a list or ask around when you see others out walking with dogs if they can recommend a name etc in your local area.

The P.D.T.A (Pet Dog Training Assoc.) would be another good contact.

Then ENJOY the rewards.

Alison.

Back