PDA

View Full Version : Bianca and Seamus

Jen
13th November 2007, 04:58 PM
Any updates on Bianca's surgery yesterday? :flwr:

Also, good luck tomorrow, Seamus! :xfngr:

Cathy Moon
14th November 2007, 12:39 AM
Natalie told me Bianca's surgery went well on Monday. She is expected to be in Doggy ICU for three long days, and should come out late Thursday.:xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw::paw:

Hoping all goes well for little Seamus tomorrow.:xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw::paw:

Lots of love to these 2 cavvies!

Karlin
14th November 2007, 12:43 AM
Yes she PMd me and I am told she did well. :)

Jen
14th November 2007, 12:48 AM
Excellent, thanks for the update!

We just got back from the vet w/ Gus for an eye infection, and our vet mentioned she had a 14-month old in with what the owner's called "phantom pain" episodes--yelping, crying, etc. They were referred to Dr. McVey at the U as our vet suspects SM. :(

Cathy T
14th November 2007, 01:36 AM
When is Seamus due for his surgery?

14-month old in with what the owner's called "phantom pain" episodes--yelping, crying, etc

That's so sad. Anyway who is saying this disease is blow out of proportion or isn't real....needs to pull their heads out of the sand. I'm am sad that I can count off 10 Cavaliers I "know" right off the top of my head who have this.

Jen
14th November 2007, 01:45 AM
Seamus has surgery tomorrow. Good luck little man! :dogwlk:

I know the frustration, Cathy! It makes me so mad when people dismiss it...even worse when vets dismiss it. :mad:

pippa
14th November 2007, 01:51 AM
Good luck Seamus and glad Bianca is over it now and doing well xxx

natalieandmike
14th November 2007, 05:06 AM
Good luck, Seamus! Thanks for asking about Bianca--yes, her surgery went well, according to our neurologist. He says that she had a fair amount of scar tissue, but no more and no less than he says is 'typical' in his cases. She walked well today for him briefly on lead, so he expects she should have no residual weakness after surgery:xfngr::xfngr:. She is expected to stay in the ICU through Thursday afternoon---we did go visit her today ,but she pretty much slept peacefully on our laps, and likely remembers nothing of the visit. That's probably for the best, I wouldn't want her to associate any of the surgery with us!
Thanks for the well-wishes and thoughts. We all appreciate it, and good luck little Seamus!

OhMarley
14th November 2007, 12:20 PM
Goodluck Seamus!
Hope Bianca keeps improving and can come home soon
xox

Jen
14th November 2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the update on Bianca. Sounds like everything went smoothly for her, and I'm sure she'll even better once she's at home. :flwr:

Claire L
14th November 2007, 04:04 PM
Delighted Bianca's surgery went well :rah:Get well soon little girl :hug:

Hope all goes well for Seamus today :xfngr::hug:

Lynn
14th November 2007, 04:05 PM
Keeping both Bianca & Seamus in my thoughts & Prayers. So glad things went well for Bianca!

Sandrac
14th November 2007, 04:34 PM
:hug::hug:Sending heaps of get well wishes to Bianca.

Aileen
14th November 2007, 06:16 PM
When is Seamus due for his surgery?

That's so sad. Anyway who is saying this disease is blow out of proportion or isn't real....needs to pull their heads out of the sand. I'm am sad that I can count off 10 Cavaliers I "know" right off the top of my head who have this.
You can count one more to your list my Barney

Aileen and the gang (Barney ---Jazzie---Sam)

Jen
15th November 2007, 04:09 PM
You can count one more to your list my Barney

Aileen and the gang (Barney ---Jazzie---Sam)

When was Barney diagnosed, Aileen? I'm so sorry.

Aileen
15th November 2007, 05:07 PM
About 2 weeks ago
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Jen
15th November 2007, 07:09 PM
About 2 weeks ago

I'm very sorry to hear this, and sorry that I didn't know--I must have missed the post.

Karlin
15th November 2007, 07:17 PM
Oh I am sorry too, Aileen -- I missed your post on Barney -- I had very little time on the board the past three weeks due to a heavy workload and submitting my taxes and missed an awful lot of threads. :flwr:

Aileen
15th November 2007, 07:44 PM
I did not post until I was sure what was wrong

pippa
15th November 2007, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about Barney....

Jen
15th November 2007, 10:01 PM
Does anyone have an update on Seamus? :xfngr:

natalieandmike
15th November 2007, 10:44 PM
We are keeping little Seamus in our thoughts and hope he will do very well. Bianca was just discharged home to our care today.:dogwlk: She's still very groggy but wags her tail every chance she gets when we stop by her crate. She's pretty much on strict crate rest for the next few weeks, and it will be very hard for her once she gets to feeling better, but each step as it comes. I'm just so glad to have her back with us and I think she kind of likes being home, too!:rolleyes: No more bland boring ICU food!:p (although we're still on the chicken and rice for awhile, lots of pills-antibiotics, NSAIDS, and gabapentin--dont' want to tax her little stomach).

Mike, who's an accountant, says "good luck with the taxes, Karlin!"

Aileen, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Barney. Our hugs to you.
Natalie

Aileen
15th November 2007, 10:56 PM
So pleased that you have got your Bianca back home keeping Seamus in my thoughts
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Jen
16th November 2007, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the update, Natalie. It's good to hear she's home.:flwr:

pippa
16th November 2007, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear Bianca is home, Thinking of little seamus..