• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fingers crossed for Cara please

Claire L

My beautiful girl is going in to the Vets in the morning to have one (maybe more) loose tooth extracted and the rest cleaned and polished. I am dreading leaving her in the Vets because I know she will be very upset. I just hope and pray that tomorrows events will not set her back. She is such a sweet natured girl and she greets everybody when we are out on walks. She just loves to love and be loved. She is going to be REALLY UPSET when she realises that she is not getting any breakfast in the morning:yikes
Please say a little prayer for us tomorrow and :xfngr: that she only loses one tooth.
IMG_0061.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow Cara. I'll be thinking of you. I've found the hardest part is not being able to give them breakfast! :(

I will be thinking of you and Cara. poor little girl .Gus and Pippin went mad when they couldn't have breakfast when they both went to be neutered and I think I was more worried about their reaction to that! Until I left them at the vets of course.They were fine. I was worried all day.I'm sure Cara will be fine xx.

Last edited:
I'm sure she'll be fine. :) The more relaxed you are, the more relaxed she will be. (y)

Well! having NOT slept very well last night, I got up this morning and as usual, two furry bodies charged down the stairs behind me and into the kitchen :eek: so, I let them out for their morning pee and they come back in a few minutes later all excited, ready for their brekkie:yikes they were NOT happy campers :( I took Cara off to the Vet and I have to say , she was great about it; while we were waiting for the nurse to take her in, I had her cradled in my arms ( I never let them on the floor in the Vets) and she put her front paws up on my left shoulder and just looked at me. I promised her that nothing bad will happen to her and I will cook her the BEST fish din dins she has EVER had when she comes home later and then she actually kissed me :luv: of course I cried when I came outside but I know she'll be fine.

Awww. Poor Cara and poor you! I'm sure she will be fine and will relish the fishy dins dins.

Speaking of which, anyone else get funny looks when they buy tinned salmon and say its for the dogs?

:updte:

Collected Cara at 3.00pm and she got on brilliantly at the Vets. She had one loose tooth removed and another tooth had some nerves exposed so he removed that one as well. The rest of her teeth are pearly white now :) so I am thrilled. She didn't show any signs of trauma today; the Vets nurse said that Cara was just loving everyone :luv:

I've just given her some baked whiting and petit pois mashed up with a spoonful of potatoes and she loved it.

Thanks for all the good wishes and crossed fingers - it worked!!

I missed this before, but I used to worry about leaving Izzy beacuse he was nervous of men and had a bad heart. However, probably due to sedation, he never did appear to be stressed.

As for anaesthetic, my vet said that dental procedure by anaesthetic is the safest method, although my last vet used sedation on Izzy. Will said that the anaesthetic is safer because it is instantly reveresable when only teeth and not intrusive surgery are involved. He doesn't like sedation because there are slightly more risks, includingthat of a partially still active swallowing reflex.

As for anaesthetic, my vet said that dental procedure by anaesthetic is the safest method, although my last vet used sedation on Izzy. Will said that the anaesthetic is safer because it is instantly reveresable when only teeth and not intrusive surgery are involved. He doesn't like sedation because there are slightly more risks, includingthat of a partially still active swallowing reflex.

That's interesting and good to know.

Glad it went well Claire :p

Glad it went so well Claire - Cara is very beautiful, and it sounds like she has a pearly white smile to match now :)

I confess that the doggies had fresh mackerel last night - I'd cooked it for hubby but he didn't like it so they had it instead EEK!! Well it went down rather well :)

Back