PDA

View Full Version : Irish members interested in rescue dogs

Karlin
14th November 2007, 06:10 PM
I currently have five cavaliers in rescue. :shock:

If you or a friend or relative is interested in a cavalier I just wanted to remind people to please make sure I know this -- I do have a waiting list but not all dogs are right for those on the list and vice versa. I am out of the country at the moment, until the 24th, but Tara is helping me out and several dogs are with kind fosters. I will be looking to quickly get these dogs placed when I get back so anyone interested should get in touch with me by PM.

As always, as soon as I go away, several dogs come in. :eek:

Also, I may need a foster place for a ruby male.

Barbara Nixon
14th November 2007, 06:45 PM
If there's a placement in the UK, someone is offering transport from Dublin, on Dogpages.

Karlin
14th November 2007, 07:00 PM
I have a regular transport that I work with so transport isn't a problem, but I only very rarely place in the UK for many reasons and generally only to people known to me where a rescue also known to me can provide full backup. Obviously this places a burden on another rescue. So it basically doesn't really work for me to place to the UK, the dogs are too far away and there have been costly nightmares for some Irish rescues when UK adopters decide for whatever reason that they don't want the dog. I will consider board members some times, depending on where they are.

coconut
14th November 2007, 07:23 PM
Cannot take fosters at this time but happy to help transport!!

Karlin
14th November 2007, 07:36 PM
It's now four dogs -- turns out one that was recently found will be kept by the finders if they cannot trace the owners. :thmbsup: So no fosters needed. :)

Justine
15th November 2007, 07:36 PM
Hi,cant foster at the moment as we are going to the UK for xmas.But after the new yr can do.

Justine
16th November 2007, 01:16 PM
Also just to say we are moving in 2 weeks.

Cavalier
19th November 2007, 11:38 AM
Hi Karlin

Iam posting this reply on behalf of my sister who has not got access to a pc at the moment. She would interested in homing a rescue cavalier, she had a ruby cavalier for 7 years who unfortunatly passed away 2 years ago & she now feels the time is right for another one.
Where do I fill out the adoption form?

Many thanks
Phyllis

Karlin
19th November 2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Phyllis --

At my website, www.ckcsrescue.com (http://www.ckcsrescue.com), it explains where to find the homing application. :) Have her mention that she is your sister just so I know who she is.

This is the time of year when a lot of people dump their dogs, deciding it is either time to 'upgrade' to a puppy for Christmas or that with relatives coming they want the dog gone -- so I expect to have a lot of dogs over the next couple of months, pre and post holidays. :(

Karen B
6th December 2007, 05:29 PM
Hi Karlin,

I adopted a dog "CJ" last year from your fab rescue last year. He has brought so much sunshine to my life, a devoted Cavalier that is so playful, loving and loyal. I don't know if you remember, but our family have two other very old dogs as well, 19 yrs old & 13 yrs old.

He truly is a treasure and i'm now cavalier follower for the rest of my life.
:p

If you need any help down south, let me know. Karen B.

I currently have five cavaliers in rescue. :shock:

If you or a friend or relative is interested in a cavalier I just wanted to remind people to please make sure I know this -- I do have a waiting list but not all dogs are right for those on the list and vice versa. I am out of the country at the moment, until the 24th, but Tara is helping me out and several dogs are with kind fosters. I will be looking to quickly get these dogs placed when I get back so anyone interested should get in touch with me by PM.

As always, as soon as I go away, several dogs come in. :eek:

Also, I may need a foster place for a ruby male.

Karlin
6th December 2007, 06:00 PM
Oh great to hear from you! I was just organising my rescue files this past weekend and found the invoice from CJ's vet bill to file properly -- and was just wondering how he was doing so what a wonderful coincidence. :) I am really pleased to know you are enjoying him. CJ was fostered by Joanna and Himindoors from the board, who are now down in Cork with their three cavaliers. They become a bit addictive! :lol:

A 19 year old dog -- that is really a spectacular age!

joanna
6th December 2007, 09:11 PM
just spotted this, CJ was a darling. Please post some pictures of him - we'd love to see how he's doing