• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toby

blue_star

Hey everyone
Took Toby down to the vets yesterday for his booster and saw Uncle James. He had a look at a small wart type thing that Toby has on the top of his head thats been full of blood. Toby has been making it worse as everytime it scabs over and fills up again he rubs his head and it opens up. Uncle James wants him in to take it out and put a few small stitches in.
We had been in about it before but saw another vet who said it should be ok (before it burst) and said they would need to give him a general anaesthetic which I am very wary of seeing as he is 10

Anyway Uncle James said to bring him in Wednesday and he would sort it out and do it under local as Toby is such a good boy! So keep him in your thoughts on Wednesday and I will keep you all updated.

The good news was Toby has lost .4kg (any loss is good :p) and although he has a murmur his heart is fairly good and Uncle James said he is looking very good indeed.

Well done on the weight loss Tobes :mexwav:

Good luck on Wednesday; will be thinking of you and waiting on an update from your Mom .

Hi
Thanks for your comments and thougts. Toby is relaxing tonight in his new bed (a treat as he was such a good boy at the vets!) after having a homecooked dinner.

:xfngr: for me, I know compared to some its a relatively minor op but it still gives me knots in my tummy

Last edited:
Good luck for Wednesday Toby:xfngr: I'll have you in my thoughts, he's doing great with his weight loss

:xfngr: for me, I know compared to come its a relatively minor op but it still gives me knots in my tummy[/quote]

:xfngr: and :paw: crossed for you here Amy, you've done a great job with Toby and I know you'll be worried sick on Wednesday - it's only natural but I'm sure uncle James will do a fine job. Let us know how it goes :hug:

My brothers dog had this op a couple of yrs ago. He was great after the op and also stopped the discomfort of rubbing the spot over and over again. Toby will be fine.

Best of luck for Wednesday - I'm sure Toby will be a very good boy.

And well done Toby - I think we can declare you winner of the Cavalier Fit Club now:)

Well Tobes is at the vets now. He wasn't to happy when I went out the door and he had to stop there. I know they will look after him but I can't wait for him to come back. He is also having another cyst removed from his back too!!

We have got a lovely dinner planned for my brave boy who will probably ignore me all night as I left him LOL

Will update you all when I have had a call from the vets

Hope you're getting through the day ok Amy :hug:
I'm sure Toby will be delighted to see you later and will forget all grievances once you put that yummy din dins down for him :lol:

Will be thinking of you today. He'll be home before you know it and once he sees that plate...all will be forgiven! ;)

Same from us here too! :hug: Hope all went well with Toby today, thinking of you!! :lotsaluv:

Amy, I'm heading off to bed now so I sincerely hope and pray that Toby is OK ...........:hug::hug:

I hope his surgery has gone well & he has a swift recovery. I am the same way about general anaesthetics. Boxers make terrible anaesthetic patients, but someone once reassured me that with minor surgery, like having skin leisons removed, the anaesthetic is quick and they can also very quickly pull him out of it if he starts to get unstable. It is not like say abdominal surgery where they just have to keep going.

Anyway, I am sure you will be very relieved to have him back home.

Hi Everyone
Toby did really well yesterday. The vet said he was the perfect patient and he sat so still during the op.
He came home last night and was find although wasnt up to eatting much which isnt Toby, he just wanted to sleep which was fine by me. This morning he was a lot happier although when I put a t shirt on him to go to work I was treated to that Cavvy dirty look!! The vet removed both cysts on his back and head and at the moment I am just trying to make sure that he does rub any of them hence the t shirt (also where I work its very dusty and I;m frightened of him getting an infection). We have to see the vet in 10 days for all the stitches to come out.
When i walked in Toby was asleep under the desk of the receptionist (they have a wall like structure with a low door so he couldn't get out or come into contact with any other dogs). He was the only one at the vets that day having an op and she said he looked lonely and was far happier sleeping under her feet (bless him).
Anyway his a pic of the little man this am

PB210022.jpg

Me in my t shirt

PB210020.jpg

Giving mum one of my 'looks'!

That's great news that Tobys op went well and he looks very handsome in his t-shirt (even if he doesn't think so ;))

Back