• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Silly Question maybe - small lump in neck?

TillyTommy

I have noticed after a cuddle with my Tilly she has a small lump in her neck. It is about as round as a one pence piece. I am always scratching her neck and dont remember feeling it before but wonder will I look silly taking her to the vet and he tells me its a gland that has always been there! I am sure I have never felt it before. About 4 weeks ago I found a cyst on her ankle and they think it is a cyst and will be removing it soon. Do you think this is just old ago lumps and bumps (she is 8), a gland or just an overly worried owner! Thanks:)

If I found a lump, I'd be straight to the vets. Maybe it is just a cyst like the one on her ankle but needs to be checked. :)

Thanks for asking - They said it was just her glands a bit swollen, she is having dental work and they think she may have an infection from that. She is having full bloods and dental work done in about 10 days plus a cyst removed from her ankle so panic over! I am terrible!!!

No! you're NOT terrible at all. I remember when our Rudee was a puppy, she suffered a lot from Colitis and I was forever taking her to the Vet. Hubby used to joke " I got some money out of the bank to put in the drawer for the Vet" I realised after a number of years that if I starved her for a day, her tummy would usually be ok; if not, than I took her to the Vet. Hope Tilly is better soon.

She goes in on Monday 3rd November for her dental work and I will have them have a better look then. They feel so out of place, I have never felt this sort of lump before, You know when you get a gut feeling that they may have it wrong?? Im sure its just me being me! I suppose as she is getting older now I am just more sensitive to every lump and bump:(

How old is Tilly? You are wise to have everything checked and if it turns out to be nothing then, all the better.

Tilly will be 8 on the 7th of December so she is getting on now - up until now she has always had perfect health and unlike my Tri Tommy she has a clean bill of health, she is even beginning to look old, she is a bleniem and around her eyes its getting lighter (grey?)

the Blenheims do start to whiten around the eyes at 7 or 8...but I think it looks very distinguished.

Sorry to hear that you've had worries - some of them do start to go a bit lumpy bumpy at this age, but it's worth getting them checked out. Good luck for the dental work and ankle cyst.

Back