• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Doing the toilet outside...

THFC1882

Just got my puppy a few nights ago, to our surprise she has actually been really good when it comes to doing the toilet, she has made 1 mistake (which was more our fault)... every other time she has made little noises and we take her outside and she does her business and in return we give her lots of praise.

However its VERY cold here now, so I'm just wondering what you experts all suggest we do, as when we bring her in she is shivering... we quickly wrap her up in a nice warm blanket and she comes OK soon after, but is there any other alternatives to this or is this OK, I just don't like the thought of her getting cold??

Thanks in advance

Sounds like she is doing really well. I wouldn't worry about the cold but I don't see the harm in cuddling her after to warm her up, it adds to the praise :D Just wait until it's snowing, she'll still want to play in it!

Pauline, thank you for your quick reply, I just wanted to make sure we were doing the right thing by her, as this is my first pup i just want to make sure she's well cared for :)

Our two were learning to go toilet outside when the weather here turned very cold last year. I put fleace coats on them before we went out....it didn't take too long to put their coats on them and made me not feel quite so bad about taking them out in the cold. This worked for us.

Back