• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

nightmares and twitching?

we luv lexi

is this normal behavior?
lexi is 12weeks old now and every now and then when she falls asleep, she'll be laying on her back and have all her feet "swimming" in the air and start whining like shes having a bad dream. is this possible? do doggies dream? haha she also sucks like shes still feeding off her mommy, and its so cute
if i see her doing that i just put my hand on her tummy and she immediately stops and calms down.
she also twitches in her sleep sometimes. but not to worried about this because even humans do that in their sleep and this is quite normal for us.
whats ur thoughts?

All mine do this every now and again. I dont know if dogs do dream but this is what people say when they r doing this.

Monty has always run and yipped (nothing like his normal bark), while asleep. He has even done the occasional howl. In fact, now he is getting on, he dreams most nights and during the day.

Last edited:
Sally does this too. When she is lying on her side her paws start twitching and she makes like a squeaky bark noise. I always say she is dreaming she's playing and running in the fields. Sometimes I can hear her snoring from upstairs at night. I think it's so sweet and I know when I hear her snoring she is ok.

Sally does this too. When she is lying on her side her paws start twitching and she makes like a squeaky bark noise. I always say she is dreaming she's playing and running in the fields. Sometimes I can hear her snoring from upstairs at night. I think it's so sweet and I know when I hear her snoring she is ok.

my last cavalier used to store LOUDLY which went through the floorboards! My current one doesn't snore at all though, but he is tiny in comparison to my last!!

All the dogs I have had dream. SiânE always dreams, she sometimes talks in her sleep as well.

Woke up the other morning and was wondering why I was laying in a draft. I looked down the bed to see SiânE fast asleep on her back, legs akimbo and having a waggie tail dream. :rolleyes:

My boy twitches and 'runs' in his sleep too it's quite cute:)

He used to suckle as well but seemed to grow out of it:D

Cara yips and her paws twitch when she sleeps.I think she is chasing Squirrels in her sleep :p Minnie is a very peaceful sleeper.

Scout twitches sometimes when she sleeps also. Sometimes she wags her tail too. She snores, but not real loud, I think it sounds so sweet.

Ginger does this every so often, she twitches and makes a whiny noise while asleep. Charley however doesn't, but he snores something serious. They also sleep with their eyes a little open, guess they don't want to miss the action even if they are sleeping.

Back