PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cavalier Club Xmas Party

Gem
17th November 2007, 08:11 PM
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone was going to this tomorrow??
Its in Liphook, Hampshire doors open at 11.00am

Harvey
17th November 2007, 09:28 PM
Hi

I didnt know that there was one? Can anyone go or do you have to be a member??

Sonja x

Gem
17th November 2007, 09:40 PM
No, its open to anyone you dont need to be a member. We went to the fun day in the summer and just turned up.You can take your dogs (i think its free entry then £1 if you enter any of the competitions. They do chocolate buttom race, waggiest tails etc) all money goes to the cavalier rescue.:)

Harvey
17th November 2007, 09:55 PM
It sounds really great - we are going to try and make it - the only thing is that my daughter has a horse riding lesson which doesnt finish until 11am - we can drive up straight from that, will it be on for a few hours? It would be a shame to drive all the way to find it just finishing???

Sonja x

Gem
17th November 2007, 10:01 PM
I think that doors open at 11.00am but things dont start til after 12.00. The one in the summer went on til about 3 ish i think, they usually have stalls and an agility show etc. It is a more or less a day thing, we are coming from Birmingham
Would recommend it if you can get there:)

Harvey
17th November 2007, 10:27 PM
Excellent - we will be there!

We may even see you there!! Safe journey down!

xx

zizzi
18th November 2007, 08:15 AM
Hi Gem and Harvey...

I'll be there - which Pickles. You'll know us because Pickles has a brown splotch on her mouth/nose area. Also, I'm American so you might be able to find me because I might be the only one there with an American accent.

Hope to see you there.

Kim and Pickles.

merlinsmum
18th November 2007, 02:34 PM
How was the party? Got any pics?

Gem
18th November 2007, 06:51 PM
Was a good day loads of people turned up. Cant believe I forgot to take my camera!!
Journey home was horrible though the motorway was a nightmare

zizzi
19th November 2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8961117@N06/2047806824/

We went. Here's the photo of Pickles and me. She won 5th in the 6 - 12 month puppy category. ok, ok... so there were 6 puppies in that category but still...

Isn't she the cutest?

Gem -- Sorry I didn't meet up with you. There WERE a lot of people and dogs there and we had a very nice time.

zizzi
19th November 2007, 05:18 PM
Oh darn. I can't seem to get my photo to upload. Maybe later.

Harvey
19th November 2007, 10:15 PM
We had a fantastic time - so many cute doggies all under one roof Harvey and Guinness didnt know who to say hello to first....
On one stall we brought Guinness a lovely knitted jumper for the winter and my daughters had a go at the luckly dip and won some French wine :-)

The weather and driving conditions were so bad that when i hit a patch of water on the road i aquaplained and nearly lost the back end.... Very scary and we werent even going fast as you couldnt see that far ahead due to the spray!

I cant wait till they have another party next year - I wish there were more cavalier owners round near where we live so that i could arrange play dates on a regular basis

inca
20th November 2007, 09:32 AM
thats a shame i didn;t know you were all going it was the first year in 8 i had missed
its normally a good day out :)

Mossie
20th November 2007, 09:39 AM
I wish I had known too........ to think I spent a cold, very wet afternoon at Whiteley!!