• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Some people!

Gem

Yesterday was a bad day. As I drove into work I noticed that a little cat was lying on the pavement, i went over to him and it was quite obvious that he had been hit by a car. There was a local workman nearby who advised he had called the RSPCA and that they would not come out to him. Im not really a cat person but I would never see one in pain. I told the man that I would take it to my vets straight away. He took off his jumper as it was freezing cold and wrapped the little guy up as we were putting him in my car some people came out of the house opposite and said that it was their cat.I asked them what they were going to do and they said "just get rid we dont care" I was so angry! but didnt have time to hang around and tell them what I thought of them. We rushed to the vets (it was emergency hours at this time still but had phoned on the way and they said to just come staright up) unfortunatley it was obvious that this little fellow was seriously hurt and he died whilst been examined. I offered to pay any vets fees but my vet would not take a penny. It just makes me so so mad that someone could hit an animal without even stopping and even madder that the owners couldnt care less! some people really dont deserve to have animals

I would be just as mad as you. You definitely did the right thing, everything you could for the poor cat. The coldness of the owners really shocks me, as you write some people shouldn't be allowed the love and warmth of animals at all. :hug: to you.

How heartbreaking it is when people don't have any compassion for their own pets. It was very kind of you to take the poor cat to your vet.

It really is horrible how some people view their pets, either the cat was 'just' an animal to them or the thought of paying to get it treated put them off. It really is sickening:mad::mad:

All I can say is I hope that if any of my cats got hurt someone like you would be kind enough to stop and try to get them to a vet. I would be devestated not knowing what had happened to my babies:(

Thank you and bless you for taking the time to care.:hug: If these people are so immune to the suffering of their own animal; I shudder to think how they treat each other icon_devil

Thank goodness you were passing what horrible owners, my gran always said things come back on you tenfold good or bad you decide, as l get older Ive seen her words coming true

Sad..

Wow, that's pretty sad. Thankfully there are people like you who care and make a difference. Poor little fellow.......:-(

Back