• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The 1st hair cut

Rj Mac

A few weeks back, we were given some great advice from a member on how to do a little home grooming, because as Megans coats been coming back in, it's started to get a little unruly, and with the wet weather we just wanted to give her a little tidy up around the paws, and hindquarters, just to stop her picking up the worst of the mud and gutters, so armed with our newly purchased grooming bits and pieces, Megan got her 1st trim this morning.....and she, as always was an absolute star.....just sat patiently while I trimmed away hear and their,

I was extremely nervous about doing this myself...incase I made a mess, but with Lisa's help....oh and Kierans directions;) we all managed just fine, and Megs is a wee bitty tidier, and hopefully more comfartable now

Here she is with Kieran at the halfway point, I'd just trimmed her paws and rear end at this point, and for being so good, she got a wee break in proceedings for a biccie......
Thehaircut.jpg
[/IMG]
I've no idea why Kieran's pulled the cheesey grin:rolleyes:

I just love to read and see pictures of Kieran and Megan & Lucy and the rest of your family. There is such joy on Kieran's face in this picture. What a sweetheart. :luv:

Good job, Ryan! Megan is so sweet and such a good girl. It's not so bad doing your own grooming, is it? Plus the more you do it the more confident you'll become, trust me!

And, the cheesy grin on that young man?? Brings back memories of my sons and THEIR cheesy grins.. about that age it seemed that was the only smile they had!! :rolleyes:

I never knew a hair cut could be this tiring tho.....:slp:
SP_A0158.jpg
[/IMG]
I managed to sneak a pic o Lisa and Lucy catching 40 winks:badgrin:....
SP_A0156.jpg
[/IMG]
Just a couple of random shots to finish off, 1st Kieran and Jake..
SP_A0157.jpg
[/IMG]
took this next 1 of the 2 girls last night at bed time:luv:
SP_A0147.jpg
[/IMG]

It's not so bad doing your own grooming, is it? Plus the more you do it the more confident you'll become, trust me!

I was surprised at how well it went to be honest, thought I'd make a mess, but you're spot on, definately not so bad, and I'l keep doing it myself from now on, once I started, both Megan and myself relaxed and she was quite content to let me snip away, and I really enjoyed it.....and of course, a plentyful supply of dog biccies helped;)

With your magic touch and good results I should send Jaspar over to you -- he hates every aspect of grooming and either wriggles madly or curls into a ball. :rolleyes: Brushing out his matts is a major undertaking! :lol:

Those are lovely pictures and love that little cavalier head peeking over those knees! :)

You always post the sweetest pictures! I just grinned (though not quite as cheesy :D) at Kieran and Megs! What a sweet family you have (four legged and two legged!)

Great photos. You did a really good job! You must have been feeling rather brave dont think I could bring myself to trimming our girls:confused:

Back