PDA

View Full Version : Brandy update

sannie
18th November 2007, 04:22 PM
Well we have visited the little guy in hospital and I'm very pleased to say that's so far he's doing great! Actually he's the happiest I've seen him since the initial operation which just goes to show that he must have been in pain since the beginning and me and the vet was just putting it down to post-op discomfort.

Anyway they finished operating on him on 1.30 am on Saturday morning and the vet rang me a couple of times throughout the night to keep me informed on how he was doing, the next couple of hours were going to be crucial and so far so good. We saw him yesterday afternoon and again this morning and he was barking his head off -:-p.

Now, because they had to remove some bowel and stitch/join the ends together the big test will be when they give him some solid food to eat. He cannot vomit it up and he has to poop. That will be today hopefully.

Also, with major abdo surgery like this there still is a danger of sepsis and infection so really even though he's in great form right now he still might crash. But YES, so far so good.

He was DELIGHTED to see us but incredible sad to see us leave and we could hear him howling as we closed the door behind him. We hated leaving him there.

AND
WE may even have him home on Tueday.b*n*n*

AND THANKS ALL for all the wonderful messages of support - they have obviously helped Bran XXX

So Big HUGGIES and KISSES to all of you from all of us.:thnku:
(But keep sending them till we know he's home safe and sound)!!

merlinsmum
18th November 2007, 04:31 PM
Ah thats great news - so glad little Bran is feeling a little better.
Hugs still coming across from us in blighty -so keep fighting little man:paw:

WoodHaven
18th November 2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the update. We will keep Bran in our prayers that this is a very healthy healing time for him. I told my daughter about him and started crying. She thought one of ours was in trouble. :xfngr:

Cathy T
18th November 2007, 04:58 PM
What excellent news!! Praying he continues to recover and is home soon.

Nicki
18th November 2007, 05:33 PM
Oh thank goodness - we are all worrying about him here. Relieved to hear that he is doing a bit better, let's hope he keeps his spirits up and manages to eat something and pass it ok.

Please keep us posted - still sending lots of positive thoughts and huggles for the special wee guy.

Barbara Nixon
18th November 2007, 05:34 PM
Thank goodness he's doing well, so far. I trust that the vet is paying for all care as it's all down to himself or a colleague. There should be compensation, too. It can't cancel out Brandy's suffering, but could be donated to help another animal in need of sepcial care.

Rj Mac
18th November 2007, 07:50 PM
Great news, only just read your other thread just now, just to let you know that we're thinking of you all, and :xfngr:you'l have hime home on Tuesday

Cleo's Person
18th November 2007, 08:08 PM
great news!! Hope he continues to imporove!

Debby with a Y
18th November 2007, 08:48 PM
Oh, thank goodness, Barkley and I pray that he heals up very quickly. Poor little guy!

coconut
18th November 2007, 08:49 PM
that is great i am so happy that he is doing alot better!!!

Elaine 2
18th November 2007, 09:49 PM
Oh that's great news, I'm sending him get well soon vibes and l hope it's not to long before he's back home with you where he belongs

Lynn
18th November 2007, 10:22 PM
Wonderul news! I hope Bran continues on the road to recovery. :) Please continue to keep us posted!

amanda L
18th November 2007, 11:35 PM
Great to hear Bran is doing well, hoping for a speedy healthy recovery for the little man:flwr:

Karlin
19th November 2007, 01:06 AM
So glad he has come through his operation and continued healing thoughts for him -- he has been a fighter so far. :flwr:

pippa
19th November 2007, 02:15 AM
Well Done Bran..keep up the fight.

Caraline
19th November 2007, 09:02 PM
Oh gosh, I just read your other thread & felt shocked to hear what happened. I am so pleased to hear that he sounds like he is going to be ok. What a terrible thing to happen.

MishathePooh
19th November 2007, 11:43 PM
I was so worried about him, glad he's feeling better!!!

Nicki
20th November 2007, 11:20 AM
Hope Brandy is still doing ok - do you think he will be able to come home today?

Sandrac
20th November 2007, 11:43 AM
Just caught up with this story, what an awful thing to have happened to him through someones carelessness. So pleased to hear that he is improving and should be back home with you shortly. Send him a huge :hug: from us.