• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

helpsies!!!

aperfectsonnettt

I just took both Veda and Piper out for their morning potty. Piper did two number twos so she got lots of praise and a treat of course!! on my way up stairs, she wasn't sitting right in my arms and her eyes looked terrified. I could feel her little leggies kicking a little so i put her down on the ground and while she TRIED to stand, she just fell over and started shaking. not terribly bad but noticably enough. I got into the apartment, and called the vet right away. Odldly enough, her first vet appointment/wellness check up is today at one. I tried to get in early but they were booked. I explained the situation and she just told me to sit with her. I suppose its her job to remain calm but she seemed almost too calm. I don't know if this was a seizure or not or even how big of a deal a seizure is and i know there is nothing i can really do until she gets to the vet but sit and wait. basically im just ranting. glad i work with people who are caring enough to cover for me for a few hours..

Hi how old is your pup, it sounds like episodic falling, my Amber started it at 12 weeks of age. here's a link to a web site that may help youhttp://cavalierepisodicfalling.com/bulletin_board.html.

I have no words of advice...just hope Piper is okay. Great that you are going to be able to get her into the vet's today. Please let us know how she's doing. I know how much this must have scared you.

Isn't it horrible when you feel that the person on the end of the phone is blazé about your plight. I hope you get some answers quickly.

Hi how old is your pup, it sounds like episodic falling, my Amber started it at 12 weeks of age. here's a link to a web site that may help youhttp://cavalierepisodicfalling.com/bulletin_board.html.

Piper is just fifteen weeks. I looked at that site on Episodic falling, and it seems to fit really well. She was completely aware of me just confused and scared. Plus she didn't lose control of any bowels.. Also, seeming to be completely normal just a few minutes later. Thank you SO MUCH for finding this site as it makes me feel better.

Anyway, the vet didn't have much to say about what happened this morning and basically said not to worry TOO much unless this happens again. she mentioned her not having had anything to eat yet that morning and i had also mentioned that her last meal last night was small because we she didn't eat after twenty minutes, i took away.. (she didnt eat much)

I guess i just have my fingers crossed that it doesnt happen again.

Oh! And i found out she has ear mites!! they treated her once and gave me some medicine to take home. Should i treat Veda too? is this something thats contagious? also, washing all the blankets around the house and vacuuming real good tonight!!

Thanks guys!

I'd just keep a careful watch on Veda's ears, don't treat them unless necessary - did you tell your vet you had another dog at home?

So sorry to hear about this scary episode - I hope that she won't have any more.

It may well have been low blood sugar though - this is one reason why puppies should be fed so regularly - at 15 weeks she needs to be on at least 3 meals a day.

i havent "treated" vedas ears but i did do a good cleaning. (and yeah the vet knows about the second puppy, they LOVE her.. don't think they see many cavaliers!) i think ill keep that up a time or two this week... Im scared that im not good at spotting the ear infection.. I dont think that she has one as last night when i cleaned her ears nothing blackish or brownish came out (it did with piper yesterday at the vet) just a tanish normal ear wax type.. and hardly anything at all.. I would see it clearly right?! Ill keep a close eye on both my little puskies!!

Back