PDA

View Full Version : Hide-a-bee - What size?

Cleo's Person
23rd November 2007, 11:55 AM
Hello All,

I'm thinking of getting Cleo a hide-a-bee for Christmas. I was wondering whether anyone here had one, whether their cav liked it and what size one should I get?

Thanks in advance for the advice. :thnku:

Tanya

arasara
23rd November 2007, 02:23 PM
We have a hide a bee ;) Ours is from www.tiabellas.com and I think it's the smaller one.

Personally, I don't like our hide a bee much. I prefer the hide a squirrel to the bee. Reason being is because the bees have a pointy butt and both of my dogs tore them apart quickly. I have had to put them up :(

Just my opinion! :)

PS - I ordered the hide a bird for xmas so I will let you know how that one hold up for future reference ;)

amanda L
23rd November 2007, 03:28 PM
Sara wrote

[qoute]PS - I ordered the hide a bird for xmas so I will let you know how that one hold up for future reference :wink: [/quote]

Hi Sara, just wondering wher you ordered hide-a-bird from, would like to order this for xmas too :p

Cleo's Person
23rd November 2007, 04:18 PM
Sara, thatnks for the heads up about the pointy bee bums - I have ordered the hide a squirrel. I'll let you know how it goes and whether she likes it!

arasara
23rd November 2007, 08:32 PM
hey there :) I see you are in the UK. I ordered mine from US site www.dog.com

Just doing a quick search for a hide a bird, I came across this UK site:

http://www.traininglines.co.uk/#515X0

Hope that helps!! :)

I think you'll be happy with your hide a squirrel :)

Cathy T
24th November 2007, 12:37 AM
We have all 3 of the hide-a toys (squirrel, bee and bird). Shelby loves them. I tuck the toys in and she flips it around trying to get them out. Jake just likes to play with the squirrels, bees and birds :rolleyes: He's not into puzzles :)

amanda L
24th November 2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the link Sara :flwr:. Going to get my order in :-p.
Cathy, mine are like that too, I got a cube with little squeaky balls inside and my little girl likes to pull them out, Elliot just likes to play with them, must be a boy/girl doggie :paw:thing :lol:.

merlinsmum
25th November 2007, 04:17 PM
My two have hide a bee and hide a squirrel - they like the bee one best as we are always shouting "Find a bee!"

Vickie
26th November 2007, 02:16 PM
You guys are no good at helping me buy less christmas pressies for the boys! At this rate they're going to have more presents than anyone else!!

Whats the odds that I'm going to have more fun than them popping the bees in the hive than they are getting them out again? :lol:

I'm placing my bets on Oscar loving it and Dexter just trying to eat the bees :rolleyes:

we luv lexi
30th November 2007, 05:27 PM
thanks u guys, after reading this im getting one (or more) of these for lexi!
just FYI i found these on amazon.com for like $9.95

Cleo's Person
30th November 2007, 05:30 PM
Well the Hide-a-squirrel arrived this morning. I'm dying to give it to her to see how she'll react! I must learn patience. :) I got it delivered to work so that I wouldn't have to go to the depot and pick it up and will just have to leave it here as I am sooooo excited about it I'm afraid I might crack over the weeken and give it to her!

mishmosh
1st December 2007, 06:34 PM
I think my dog would destroy it in 5 minutes no joke! He's a complete vandal.

Barba
5th December 2007, 03:37 PM
I got a 'Hide a Bee' for Charlie on Saturday 'for xmas' but gave in and gave it to him when i got home!! http://www.alexanderpringwilson.org/images/emoticons/blush3.gif He loves it but just runs off with one bee and doesn't bother with the others!! http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

lb0024
5th December 2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I got this one for Molly:

http://www.traininglines.co.uk/erol.html#515X2085

Even though it's a Christmas design, I just got it because it was an interactive toy that they're supposed to spend HOURS playing with. icon_whistling

Well, it's very cute, but she isn't interested in trying to get the little toys out of it. She'd just runs off with the one toy and plays with that for a little while.

By the way, they say you should put the toy in your (dirty) laundry for about 12 hours so they'll be more interested in the toy. I did this, and it didn't seem to make any difference (except that you can't return it after that - ha!). Also it says to put treats in it, but that didn't seem to help either. She just kind of whines at it so I'll get it out for her. Which I do. :o

I suppose I could try again... I did give up on it pretty quickly.

-laura