• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New!

Betsy1313

Hello all! I just joined up. I'm the proud parent of Jasper, a 9 year old blenheim boy who is just the sweetest dog. He's in the later stages of congestive heart failure, so I'm even more aware than usual how wonderful every minute with him is. Hopefully he'll be around for another 3-6 months!

My avatar is Jasper when I first got him as a puppy. Soon my family and I shall be adding two more cavaliers, both 4 year old boys, one black and tan, the other tri color. I'm so excited!

I'm so sorry to hear of Jaspar's heart problems. Love him up as much as you can for as long as you can. Glad to have you here. You'll find lots of good information, support and just plain good people.

icon_welcomeBetsy - Sorry to hear about Jasper's problem. :( I look forward to hearing more about your new arrivals.

Hi there and welcome. We had a blenheim called Jasper ( jazz for short) he was a gorgeous creature so loving and sweet natured- arent they all though? He had the heart thing too- but he lived with the latter stages for quite some time! The photo of your Jaspar reminds me of ours!

Welcome & sorry to hear about Jasper. I hope you treasure every moment you have left with him. My heart goes out to you as I am sure it must be a distressing time for you.

Welcome, so glad you are here. Please post pictures of your two new boys.....Judy and Dixie

Hi there and welcome. We had a blenheim called Jasper ( jazz for short) he was a gorgeous creature so loving and sweet natured- arent they all though? He had the heart thing too- but he lived with the latter stages for quite some time! The photo of your Jaspar reminds me of ours!

Thank you for sharing about your Jazz, it gives me some hope that he may be around for a while yet. We call ours Jazz or Jazzie as well! :)

I will get pics up of our new additions when they join us, all I have now are the pictures that their current owner sent us, and I'd not want to post those. They are gorgeous though, and both smaller than my Jazzie by a few pounds. Jasper is such a broad chested guy, and weighs 22 lbs before the fluid started filling his abdomen. He's so proud of his broad chest too, he just loves having his ruff brushed, he gets so cocky!

Hi There and welcome
I only joined two days ago.
Sorry to hear about Jasper, my previous cavalier was first diagnosed with heart failure when she was 8 and lived to 12 years two months.

I'm really happy to say that Jasper has had a good last few days. He is even showing interest in playing again, which he hasn't for months, today he was carrying a treat around looking to hide it in the house. He used to love hiding toys and treats for himself, and it seems like that is back! Our theory is that now that the fluid is building in his stomach that his lungs aren't as full of fluid. We've also upped his dose of Lasix to the max that he can receive and he got a shot of it from the vet which seemed to lessen the severity of the fluid buildup for a while.

We are going to go meet our puppies that we are considering adopting on Saturday and I just can't wait! I think having companions for Jasper may encourage him to move around more and perk up!

Back