• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any news on Bella

Me too, I have been checking this site regularly to see if there is any news. Judy

Hi Everyone - sorry for being MIA. Its been a long couple of days. We visited twice yesterday and have been calling every couple of hours to check in on her. She is doing better. Everytime we call they tell us her vitals are stable and normal and that she was energetic when they had her out of her cage. The nurse said she just wants to be held and that she gets alot of attention from the staff. We didnt see her energetic side when we have visted her - she mostly just slept on us the whole time we were there but so far she seems to be doing better. We went there at 2am last night to wait to talk to the vet about her 2nd round of bloodwork results and thankfully the pancreatic enzymes are back down to a normal range which is very promising so the fluids and meds seem to be working. However, we are not out of the woods yet - the vet said she could revert back to an abnormal state so we still can't breath a sigh of relief yet but so far things are looking much better. We are going to keep her in the hospital here in Pennsylvania til Monday so she can get at least three days of fluids and then we will head back to Boston on Monday where we will immediately take her back to our vet for follow-up tests. I will likely take the week off of work to be home and monitor her and help her recover as much as possible. It has been some of the most stressful days of my life - we are 25 and I can't imagine what it must be like to have an unwell child as I am not handling this whole situtation very well. I finally got a few hours of sleep last night but its been hard trying to see family and act normal when I constantly think of her sad in her little cage. I'll send another update tomorrow - thanks for your concern everyone - it means alot!!

Thanks for checking in....I know we were all wondering how she was doing. Sounds like she's on the mend. I am so sorry you had to go through all of this....such an emotional rollercoaster. You did good though!! Glad you got her to the vet without delay.

bostongirl i am so glad that bella is getting better!! I am praying for her and really hoping that she will get the all clear off the vets!

Ohh So glad to hear that so far things are going well for Bella. I have been thinking about her since reading your first post. Thank God you posted what you did and that Karlin and others saw it and responded... I'll be praying that Bella makes a full recovery.

My children are now 18 & 19, and we had our share of hospital runs and sickness...and it probably is about the same on the 'trauma scale' as having Bella sick...you deeply love your children....you deeply love your dogs...love is love as far as I am concerned. At least this is how I feel. I know this has been very hard on you, but you have held up and you got Bella the help she needed...you are a wonderful mom! :flwr:

thank you for letting us know how precious Bella is doing. I'm keeping her in my prayers and Barkley sends her gentle, healing puppy kisses.

Poor Bella! Hoping, too, she's on the mend. Hugs your way, and try to get a little sleep--soon she'll be home wanting attention in no time!:luv:

Thank you so much for letting us know.
I think you are coping the best you can. We have no children either, I am 35, and when Molly got sick this summer, because she had been fed wrong food by a kennel who was supposed to know better, we both cracked completely. The furry rascals are our babies, and of course we are allowed to cry and feel uneasy for them, when they are sick.
Best of wishes and hugs
Charlotte

Thank Goodness things are looking more positive! I feel for you because I have had a sick dog before and I've had sick kids before and it is NOT fun.

I had to kind of giggle when I read that Bella is getting lots of attention from the vet staff. I honestly think that because Cavaliers are so darn cute and loving that they get extra attention everywhere they go. The techs at my vet make over Daisy like crazy, and she stands on her hind legs on the table and puts her little paws on their shoulders and gives them lots of kisses. How can they resist? She had to be in the hospital overnight for 2 nights last summer, and I get the impression that she was quite the celebrity back there.

I know you'll feel better when you get home with her. I guess the blessing in disguise is that now you know how sensitive she is to turkey, so you'll know to avoid it.

Still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers... Lots of updates, please!

Back