• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cow Hocked/Hyperextension

LittleCowMama

Hi,
My 11 month old pup is cow hocked. It wasn't a major concern of mine until the other day when I noticed that his hock was hyper-extending from time to time as he walked around. Basically, it was bending the opposite way that it's normally supposed to. It was a rather disturbing sight. It does not seem to bother him at all... I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this issue with their Cavalier? And if so, what kinds of issues did you have? Was there a treatment for it? :confused: He's not for breeding or showing. He is my best friend and companion everywhere I go.

I've seen this in a couple of dogs , both had bad hips. Though I've never found an explaination for why that would affect their hocks

My adopted cavalier, Charlie, has hocks that look like they're slipping around when he walks. Very painful to watch! I'm going to take him in to be evaluated for physical therapy in 1 1/2 weeks, and will let you know what the therapist says about hock problems.

Back