• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucy

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
This is to announce a new member of my household: Lucy! :)

She flew back with me from the US and has her own passport now to the Flying Paws Club on Virgin Atlantic. :lol:

My father has had a year in which he has had surgery and been unstable on his feet. So Lucy has come over to stay with me for a while as it has been difficult for him to have a small dog underfoot. We got her a real pet passport (to travel internationally without quarantine) so that she could travel with mom if they wanted, and after dad's surgery we thought if needs be she could come over to stay for a while as we weren't sure how he would do. She's flown before and loves her crate and is very relaxed, so I knew she'd mostly sleep on the journey over, which was a smooth trip. We arrived in Heathrow and she was processed through very quickly. She has been settling in well here and to my surprise is totally indifferent to my cats! The boys love her; Lily had to make her usual 'statements' for about half a day, but they are all fine and sleeping in a pile on the bed now, leaving me about a foot-wide sliver. :rolleyes:

I highly recommend Virgin for anyone travelling with a dog or cat -- she had her own assistant assigned to her from the moment she arrived at Virgin Cargo til they closed the cargo door and she was met by another at the plane on arrival, and whisked off to be fed, watered and let play at the Animal Reception Centre.

She had a lot more care and attention than the human passengers!

Leo and Lucy:
2066907972_9257fc9f75_m.jpg

Lucy:
2066907856_6acf1a49f9_m.jpg

The more the merrier.....:razz:. she looks so sweet with those wonderful eyes. Hope your Dad gets better soon but, in the meanwhile, Lucy has the perfect vacation home.

Lucy is so cute. :luv: I am glad she had a good trip and she is fitting in well at your place.

She's so beautiful and looks like she must be a real sweetie. I am sure that she will be loving every minute she has with you and your whole crew. What a lucky one Lucy is to be able to travel the world!

Hope your dad gets back on his feet soon.

Thanks all. I have already had the suggestion to rename Jaspar 'Laspar' so they are all 'L' names....:rotfl:

Great to see pics of her in her new home, and to hear that you all made it back safe and sound. Jaspar looks so comfy with her, I'm sure he's so happy to finally "match" with someone else in the house besides Quincy! :p
Speaking of which, has Quincy smothered her yet??

Guess she will be giving you those big brown eyed looks longing for treats by her crate! Better yet snuggling quietly along your side. Lucy is such a doll!:luv:

Last edited:
I'm sure he's so happy to finally "match" with someone else in the house besides Quincy!

:rotfl:

Quincy was already eyeing her up hopefully this morning, and went to sniff her nose but that was all he dared try. You could see he was dying to try to bump heads! :lol:

:rotfl:

Quincy was already eyeing her up hopefully this morning, and went to sniff her nose but that was all he dared try. You could see he was dying to try to bump heads! :lol:

:rotfl:I love it! He's so funny!!

Karlin, I hope your Dad feels better soon. How wonderful Lucy was able to come home with you! Delighted to hear she has settled in so very well. The photo of herself and Jaspar is gorgeous!

Lucy knows she is loved and must feel so comfortable in her new home. She is so lucky to have you and "vacation" with you and your lovely cavs. Hope your dad is much better very soon. I am sure they miss their little girl, but feel so blessed she is with you. Judy and Dixie PS Just wondering, how old is Lucy?

Awww...welcome home Lucy!!! You now officially have a "housefull!!" Karlin. Lucy is adorable and couldn't be in a better home. How nice that your folks will be able to keep informed about how she's doing. A great solution for all of you.

Back